Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

Perhaps if we went to pay as you pee they might be self financing.

They're still in operation in many places especially touristy places,train/bus stations etc.

However in most places they queue in Costa for the loos without even buying anything, so i suppose 20p for a pee may not be viable.

I noticed recently the public toilets at Ford is now a detatched bungalow(could have been for ages but i haven't been there for years tbh)

Edited by willman
typos

Theres only 2 in the town center that im aware of 1st is in the winter gardens 2nd in the new market . Both only open in the day time. I suppose you could count the train station and bus station but not really the center of town or free .

There is also the Howden House and the Central Library. The Train and Bus stations certainly should be counted as centre of town because that's exactly what they are. _ its a big "centre".

Fact is that as a visitor to town there will be dozens of options available from the places you are visiting. If you are shopping all the major department stores and cafes have public toilets. If you are visiting an office or firm, all business buildings will have them.

If you are here outside daytime hours, presumably you are here on a night out and will have access to the toilets in every bar, pub, restaurant, theatre or cinema.

If you are travelling through then you will at some point have access to a toilet at the place you left, the train or bus stations or the place you intend to get to.

That leaves a small number of unfortunate people who are in the city at the wrong place and wrong time and seemingly don't have a facility. Unfortunately I don't agree that dwindling council resources should be put to a provide toilet facility for that very very small minority when there are plenty of other options.

There is even a whole list of business which the council direct people to use their freely available toilets:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/toilets/community-toilet/members.html

Perhaps if we went to pay as you pee they might be self financing.

They're still in operation in many places especially touristy places,train/bus stations etc.

However in most places they queue in Costa for the loos without even buying anything, so i suppose 20p for a pee may not be viable.

I noticed recently the public toilets at Ford is now a detatched bungalow(could have been for ages but i haven't been there for years tbh)

At least 5 years ago.

There is a free toilet on Platform 6, I think, in the train station .The main one is 30 p , I believe.

[/b]

At least 5 years ago.

Thats about right then, i've been into Ridgeway numerous times but until about 6 months ago never back down into Ford.

Theres only 2 in the town center that im aware of 1st is in the winter gardens 2nd in the new market . Both only open in the day time. I suppose you could count the train station and bus station but not really the center of town or free .

Winter Gardens

New Market

McDonalds

KFC

Primark

Train Station

Bus Station

Wilkinsons

Orchard Square

Until recently both York and Lincoln had free to use public toilets but have recently installed turnstiles and are now charging for them.

No doubt there is some calculation to be done. Provision of free toilets + maintenance and upkeep costs v charging for free toilets + cost of cleaning up doorways and shopfronts after late night drunks weeing everywhere.

I know the shop keepers, restaurateurs and publicans in Lincoln weren't happy with the changes.

Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

Because people don't give a ____ :D

where are the winter gardens ?

where are the winter gardens ?

Blackpool, can you hang on?:rolleyes: