Bus hits parked car and I'm expected to pay excess

Bus hit my car pretty much written off and my insurance expect me to pay £250 excess even though bus driver admits liability is this right

You should be able to claim it back if the bus driver was at fault. It is easier if you have excess protection.

Bus hit my car pretty much written off and my insurance expect me to pay £250 excess even though bus driver admits liability is this right

Are you claiming on your insurance? You should be claiming on theirs.

Are you claiming on your insurance? You should be claiming on theirs.

My insurance are dealing with it but there rubbish at it no way am I paying excess it's 100 percent bus at fault without question

You should be able to claim it back if the bus driver was at fault. It is easier if you have excess protection.
Is that, as the name suggests, a further insurance product to insure against the risk of having to claim on your insurance?

When can we expect insurers to start flogging 'Protected No Excess Bonus'?

FGS! :rolleyes:

@ OP: you get your excess back from the bus company's insurance settlement.

Tell your insurers to wise up and earn the premium they had from you.

Your claim is at a minimum the market cost of your car. The cost of increased premiums in future due to the fact you have an accident on the record - even a no fault one. Cost of any and all taxis and or hire cars required - keep notes of any outlay that you undertake like this.

Excess? Tell them to politely to get stuffed and tell them you are not making a claim on your policy and you don't expect this to have any effect on your NCD either.

Tell your insurers to wise up and earn the premium they had from you.

Your claim is at a minimum the market cost of your car. The cost of increased premiums in future due to the fact you have an accident on the record - even a no fault one. Cost of any and all taxis and or hire cars required - keep notes of any outlay that you undertake like this.

Excess? Tell them to politely to get stuffed and tell them you are not making a claim on your policy and you don't expect this to have any effect on your NCD either.

Won't be renewing with this company again that's for sure not even got a courtesy car until after assessment on Thursday then it depends on what assessor says

Start recording every meeting and don't deal over the phone - insist on letters as they are rather durable as evidence..

Sounds like you have been lead into making a claim on your own policy, at which point the insurance company will then make a counter claim against the other insurer to recover all costs (including your excess).

If you don't want to do that, you need to tell your insurance and then go about claiming direct from the third party insurance company. I've done that a few times, but only because my insurance has legal and car hire who actually do all the donkey work for you (such as the paperwork, communications with the third party insurer, sorting you a hire car etc) then add their own costs to the claim against the third party. If I didn't have that, I wouldn't have bothered and I'd have claimed on my own insurance.

If claiming against a third party direct, you'll get poor treatment too, so expect a really bad offer for the cost of the car (dispute it). If you think you can repair it, then don't let them write it off, they can't force it to be written off (only your own insurer can do that) and you can ask for the cash instead to get it fixed. None of the whole 'buy it back' scenario that you get with your own insurer, as the third party never had the car in the first place.

If your insurer isn't working well for you and they're frustrating you, you're well within your rights to seek out your own solicitor to do it all for you.

I had to do this when Swiftcover were dragging their heels chasing a Churchill customer who ran into me.

My insurance are dealing with it but there rubbish at it no way am I paying excess it's 100 percent bus at fault without question

You fundamentally fail to understand what the excess is. Its the amount you agree to deal with yourself if you ever make a claim. It was never the insurers responsibility to pay this amount. If you had asked them for no excess then they would have charged you a greater amount for the policy to reflect the increased coverage.

As has been pointed out you can still claim that amount from the bus drivers employers.

This is how some cheaper insurance companies limit overheads. You pay the excess now and when the other party pays the cost of repair, you get it back.