Bradbury motorcycle & light vehicles 1936 onward

My cousin, Ray Stevenson worked for Dan Bradbury.

Probably started there around 1951, don't know just how long he was there.

I knew Ray Stevenson he went to work for Crypton Tuning as a salesman then worked as a rep for Brakesafe on West St he lived up Bradway in the 70s.

Hi bullerboY

Sadly Ray passed away in November 2017. He had lived at Stalham in Norfolk for around 30 years. He was some guy, miss him dearly !

Hi Ian, 

I have a genuine Works 1936 Machine, would be happy to have a chat with you....

Rgs 

Dan

It would be in the early to mid 60s and I was with my father in a Morris 1000 van, we were waiting  behind a shiney new red scooter at the Wosternholme Road lights.  As he set off, he must have dropped the clutch too fast, the bike reared up, veered across the junction and smashed into the low wall of a front garden (house later demolished). We stopped to help and found that he had just collected his brand new scooter from Bradbury's.

Edited by carosio

Hi Runningman Sorry to hear about Ray we had some good laughs together he was a great guy to know.

Hi. I've just acquired a Greeves Silverstone which was dispatched to Dan Bradbury on 18th April 1963. It's been hiding in a garage in Preston since 1975. I'm pretty sure it's the one that Shogun mentioned and rode. I'd be very pleased to find out more about it, if anyone has any info. Picture of how it is now will be attached when I find out how! Cheers, Nick

Went to a restaurant on London road last Friday and during the meal I had to take my grand daughter outside for the other diners to get some peace.

We walked up the road till we were opposite Dan Bradburys  and I began to reminisce about my days at Dan's.

I typed in Dan Bradburys and came up with this interesting  Forum.

I was there from 1968 to 1975 I think but I don't remember anything about the old bikes hidden away.

What I do remember is that the old lady was called Miss varny and she only visited once or twice a Month and everybody had to be on their best behavior.

Dan's belonged to a Birmingham Motor Cycle company called Copes and she was sent to check we were all doing our jobs properly.

The names I remember were as someone said Graham Crump in the showroom, he was the manager, and he worked with a guy called Bruce Aspinall.

In the garage were Mick Warburton,foreman and Reg, I can't remember his surname but Ravi used to call him Rug Head and me Glenn. 

Both Mick, Bruce and Reg lived in Dan's houses in the street. 

Other names I remember were Janet in the office who Ravi was always chasing and Jim Green who was a Fireman and worked part time with us as a valeter. 

I had a 500 Matchless chopper with exhaust pipes stuck up the air and fixed to the sissy bar and Jim once filled them up with water so that when I came to go home it wouldn't start. After about 20 mins kicking it fired and I was covered in sooty, black water. Jim never admitted to it but I knew it was him as I had been revving the bike in the snap room at dinner time.

Nice of Shogun to say those nice things about me but I'm not quite sure who you are.

Would you be the one who put the biggest top hat Iv'e ever seen on a BSA crankshaft?

Had some great times at Dan's and wouldn't have missed them for the World.

I could tell some tails about the bikes and cars but ill leave that for another time.