Sign in to follow this  

Your favourite 'mix' Cds

Well...

It'd be interesting to know what/whose people's favourite mix CD's are. Here are mine:

1. Body & Soul Vol. 4: Beautiful soul music from heaven. A sadly now extinguished NYC light. As someone I know once remarked, "the best club in the world..."

2. The Derrick Carter CD on the Back II Basics 'Cut the Crap' box set: It is just one of the best things that humankind has ever acheived. That mix of 'Baby Wants to Ride' dun't exist anywhere btw. I know, I've looked.

3. Kevin Saunderson's X-mix: Harked back to his mad Detroit radio shows of long ago. Probably the first time I heard a 'mistake' in a commercially-released mix CD (which proved it was real). How can electronic music get so soulful?

4. Jeff Mills at the Liquid Rooms: Tokyo. One of the most incredible DJing feats ever. Wow. Strings of Life, then. Wow. I don't know what else to say.

5. Larry Levan Paradise Garage 1979: This is DJing. Forget everything else. Absolutely unbelievable.

nice selection of mix cd's defstef, that Derrick Carter CD is 1 of my favs.

a hiphop mix that i did myself (thankin' u)

um, soundbombin' v1 on rawkus...

i havent checked em for a while tho - -