Donation bags through your letterbox

I was getting 5-6 a week, but now I don't get any. Has there been a program on TV about them being fraudulent?

They make good kitchen bin liner bags, just the right size.

Don't know but do know that a few of these were then 'selling' the clothes on to people less fortunate.

Also, other 'organisations' were finding out the collection days and taking stuff first.

Still get plenty of free bin bags here

I use them as bin bags. Since the 5p charge any free bag is welcome in our house.

Some useful info here

Halfway down is Air Ambulance.

Best advice is to take any unwanted items to a charity shop of your choosing - what they do with the stuff is unknown really but at least it doesn't end up on ebay or a car boot !

Most charities have stopped puting out donation sacks door to door as it's just not cost effective. Definitely take your donations into the charity of your choice rather than leaving them outside cos they just get rifled through by passers by. And have a good think about what you are actually donating. Is it of benefit to the charity or is it just a load of tat that cant be sold? It costs charities a fortune to get rid of the unsalable & unrecyclable donations because quite often folk just dump their unwanted cak at the nearest charity shop which is mean.

Sometimes they don't even get collected

I was getting 5-6 a week, but now I don't get any. Has there been a program on TV about them being fraudulent?

How is it fraudulent? You get rid of unwanted clothes and they are recycled.

Most of them end up being sold by the kilo to Africa where they're sold by market traders. Go to Africa and you'll see many people wearing cast off clothes from Europe.

How is it fraudulent? You get rid of unwanted clothes and they are recycled.

I think what Grahamy means is that there are some collection bags that have printed info on them saying a percentage of the cash raised from the selling on of collected textiles etc will go to a named charity, when it doesn't. The money is kept by the enterprise that is running it. Sometimes the named charity on the bag doesn't even exist.

Still no bags. Anyone getting them? There'll be a few boys and youths missing the cash for delivering them.