Takeaways, chip shops, coffee shops etc..responsible for obesity?

Cheap food is packed with fats and sugars to mask the poor quality of the ingredients and make it taste of something.

All processed food is loaded with sugar, even savoury things that you would never think did. Even bread has it in it. This is where the education should come in; that, and making the food processors cut out the sugar (like Jamie Oliver is petitioning for,) but the food lobbyists have the government over a barrel as per usual so that won't happen.

Doesn't bread need to have sugar in it for the yeast to make it rise :confused:

---------- Post added 06-10-2016 at 14:28 ----------

rubbish!!!! a stir fry takes minutes, fill with veg, noodles, chicken easy, and as for fussy kids well if they dont eat it they go hungry:roll::roll:

Here here!

Doesn't bread need to have sugar in it for the yeast to make it rise :confused:

---------- Post added 06-10-2016 at 14:28 ----------

Here here!

I make a delicious olive bread myself. I don't add sugar. I don't know the chemistry of bread making; there might be natural sugars present.

I think Anna B makes an otherwise valid point. Lots of processed food contains added sugar and that could be looked at. It seems a better idea than just taxing sugary drinks to me.

But I agree with DonaldTrump1: stir-fries take minutes and are delicious. As are many pasta dishes (And I actually prefer the healthier pasta integrale myself). And my kids will get what I give them. I'm not faffing about making different dinners because they have decided this particular day they don't like carrot.

Can't get away with being racist or sexist?? What planet do you live on?

Clearly a different one to you pal. Try going up and calling someone a racist name in front of a police officer and see what happens.

Someone I know (which just happens to be a professional goalkeeper, has just been disciplined. A opposition striker was goading him all the way through the match about his girlfriend and alluding that he had slept with her. The goalie said 'doubt it mate, she doesn't go for your sort'. The opposing player was black. That's all it took.

Now try doing the same calling someone fat...

Clearly a different one to you pal. Try going up and calling someone a racist name in front of a police officer and see what happens.

Someone I know (which just happens to be a professional goalkeeper, has just been disciplined. A opposition striker was goading him all the way through the match about his girlfriend and alluding that he had slept with her. The goalie said 'doubt it mate, she doesn't go for your sort'. The opposing player was black. That's all it took.

Well....that does sound a bit racist. Even if that wasn't the intention. Remember a hate crime is reported as a hate crime if the victim thinks it's a hate crime. So you could report fattism as a hate crime.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/leo-mckinstry/323558/Soon-it-will-be-a-hate-crime-to-call-a-fat-person-fat

I'm not sure what Bonzo's point was. You can't get away with racism. Ask Gazza! (Who I don't think was being racist, just insensitive and unthinking with his humour in this modern world)

Edited by Santo

Obese people themselves are responsible for their obesity. Nobody and nothing else.

The takeaways etc supply the food, they dont force people to eat it..

Yet you can run for president in the US and call mexican''s rapists?!

The op was ahead of time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-3758318

I long for old British pastries and mashed spuds and omelette s...days when Britain's kitchen were busy with hand tools

I am looking forward to opening my utensil museum in Thorpe Hensley next year

The op was ahead of time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-3758318

I long for old British pastries and mashed spuds and omelette s...days when Britain's kitchen were busy with hand tools

I am looking forward to opening my utensil museum in Thorpe Hensley next year

Thats a lot of museums that you are opening :hihi:

Thats a lot of museums that you are opening :hihi:

No just one

With 4 key areas

Rolling pins, whisks, potato mashers and other utensils

I am not opening the princess Diana one now.....you can stay up to date as I intend to keep those interested informed on my opening a museum thread

To be fair I've not read all the thread but this is what is wrong with Britain,people never lay the blame on the person who's fat,its all about what help can the government/doctors give to stop these people stuffing their faces with fast food,look in the mirror and take action,keep fit and eat the right food.