Knitting Teachers Needed!

Hi

We are a Knitting Society based at the Sheffield Hallam University that has started up over the last year.

We have discovered that there a lot of new members joining who are not experienced knitters, but are very keen to learn. The problem we have is that our committee is only made up of a few people and we are struggling to spend quality time taking people through the basics of knitting.

Our plea to you, the good people of the Sheffield Forum, is for experienced knitters who are willing to give up a few hours on a Tuesday evening to help young students learn this interesting and varied skill.

Please get in touch for further details.

P.S. There will be free tea and coffee.

Thanks

Phil

I can no longer knit prolifically because of injury to my right arm, but I used to turn out a jumper a week and am experienced in aran, fair isle, intarsia, lace and lots of other techniques.

Are you looking for anybody to teach crochet btw? I crochet everything from very lightweight lace to full sized blankets and can turn out a baby blanket every other day, and would be happy to share the delights of crochet makes with your members :)

Hi medusa. Any guidance on technique would be greatly appreciated. We are also looking to crochet too, although not much has been done about that yet. You would be very much welcome to join us anytime though.

I am an experienced knitter and would be willing to help. Please send details.

Hi eb69. I am not able to send private messages at the moment, due to the forum only allowing it after making 5 forum posts, but we have a facebook page if you could message me through there perhaps? Or if you could send me a private message on here?

Or facebook will come up if you search for shsu knitlikeyournana

Thanks