Over 65 in Hillsborough?

Hi everyone

My mother has just moved into Hillsborough to be closer to us.

All though this is fantastic to have my mum around, , I also want her to meet friends of her own age and have activities to do on her own.

Would anyone be kind enough to recommend any groups?Meetings? Etc

She's really into rambling and doesn't mind the odd dance or two?

Sand x

Hi everyone

All though this is fantastic to have my mum around, , I also want her to meet friends of her own age and have activities to do on her own.

Sand x

Hi

I seem to remember seeing an over 60s walking group in Hillsborough/Rivelin. The following webpage might be of use http://www.rivelinvalley.org.uk/

Regards

Mark

Hi everyone

Sand x

The interest group section in here might throw some things up. The Walkers group always seems to be busy.

If she likes craft, there's the Craft Den at Malin bridge, they do various classes through the week.

The Garrison at Hillsborough have entertainment on in the afternoon, Vera Lynn singer , Doris Day, and songs from musicals, all live entertainment with a two course meal for £13.50.

These are very popular afternoons from 12pm to 3pm but you need to book in advance. The food is always good in the restaurant and the live entertainment even better, the next one is the Vera Lynn show in the afternoon of 10th November.

This is from Streetlife (another forum) about an over 60s lunch group:

Thank you for your message. We meet at Champs Pub, Malin Bridge, S6, handy for both supertram and buses. We meet monthly 12o'clock for a hot lunch, Tea/coffee & biscuits.

It is a very relaxed informal afternoon, we have a raffle for our funds and a fun game of bingo (optional), the money is divided out, not for profit. Our next Lunch Club is 26th October and we will be having pie,peas and chips.

If you and your wife are interested I am organising an evening Canal Boat Trip with 2 course Christmas meal on the 1st December. We have lots going on before Christmas, so please get in touch.

Thank you

Irene 2347232/07718050096.