Is it too early to put the heating on?

I was talking to someone last week who leaves his central heating full on 24/7 from the beginning of December until the beginning of March. Does anyone else do that,or indeed leave the heating on in the bedroom all night ? Most people I have spoken to just heat one room at a time and don't have the heating on all night.

Set the CH to 19or 20 deg during the day and 15 at night but off in the bedrooms.

My wife has warm feet:love:

It's still not cold enough for me to put heating on

I was sat at home last night in a jumper feeling all nesh wondering if its that time of year to start putting the heating on.

Has anyone else puts their heating on yet or am i just being a big wuss? :)

What do you mean by 'nesh'?

What do you mean by 'nesh'?

How long have you lived in Barnsley?:suspect:

How long have you lived in Barnsley?:suspect:

I'm not from Barnsley.

I'm from West Yorkshire.

I was talking to someone last week who leaves his central heating full on 24/7 from the beginning of December until the beginning of March. Does anyone else do that,or indeed leave the heating on in the bedroom all night ? Most people I have spoken to just heat one room at a time and don't have the heating on all night.

I have a thermostat.

Is he American?

Ours goes off at about 10.30 at night and comes on again in time for the first person to get up in the morning. I can't sleep in an overheated bedroom, warm bed cold room is my recipe for a decent nights sleep.

It's still not cold enough for me to put heating on

Not evan at 5 degC?

Not evan at 5 degC?

Nope. Been to work this morning wearing my shorts ,now back home and been shopping still wearing shorts it's got to get proper cold for me to wear trousers or put heating on

Nope. Been to work this morning wearing my shorts ,now back home and been shopping still wearing shorts it's got to get proper cold for me to wear trousers or put heating on

Are you a postman?

most of them round here walk around in shorts whatever the weather