Is it too early to put the heating on?

I had a tip from a friend who told me a money saver. Put candles inside terrecota plant pots, pot upside down of course apparently this generates a lot of heat.

:o

... so does burning your house down by messing about with improvised heating appliances! :roll:

Guest sibon
:o

... so does burning your house down by messing about with improvised heating appliances! :roll:

Handy for that Halloween glow.

I had a tip from a friend who told me a money saver. Put candles inside terrecota plant pots, pot upside down of course apparently this generates a lot of heat.

It does, my parents used it for years whilst living on a boat with no heating.

I guess it depends how busy you are, sat down watching TV, I would like to be warm. Just nipping to B+Q now.

Only time my heating goes on is when it's snowing. Warm thick clothes and a duvet on the settee sort out the rest of the time. Right now though I'm still in my summer gear, not yet cold enough for anything else.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

I don't have the heating on at night time, I like to get into a cold bed and make it warm and I don't like hot air when I go to sleep..

Anyway I've got a runny nose so I think I'm actually coming down with a bit of cold hence feeling it more today than normal.. over it now though :) laid in bed with a lemsip and the window open!

I was sat at home last night in a jumper feeling all nesh wondering if its that time of year to start putting the heating on.

My heating turns itself on. It's got a magical device called a thermostat. People might not have heard of them, they've only been around for about 450 years.

I've put mine back on, with the thermostat set to 18c. The heating hasn't kicked in this morning so it can't be that cold.

I did, however, put the door curtains back out over the draughty back door & front door that opens straight into the lounge. Every other morning the heating has been coming on until now. I didn't realise a bit of draught proofing would make that much difference!

I didn't even switch mine on last year! Let's see this winter...

Not at all! I've had mine on for snippets since about 2 weeks ago! and I'm in slippers and jumpers

I didn't even switch mine on last year! Let's see this winter...

Not at all? How cold did it get inside? Are you part polar bear?