Is it too early to put the heating on?

I was sat at home last night in a jumper feeling all nesh wondering if its that time of year to start putting the heating on.

Has anyone else puts their heating on yet or am i just being a big wuss? :)

You're being a big wuss!

Get a jumper on and an extra pair of socks if you're nesh :)

Ours is on a thermostat and comes on automatically if the temperature drops below 19c. It's coming on every morning and has been for the last week or so, and at intervals throughout the day. I don't think it matters if it's "the time of year" or not, if you're cold put it on!

I thought the same last night, but I put a jumper on instead.

Ours is on a thermostat and comes on automatically if the temperature drops below 19c. It's coming on every morning and has been for the last week or so, and at intervals throughout the day. I don't think it matters if it's "the time of year" or not, if you're cold put it on!

Unfortunately, i live in an apartment where the architects had the foresight of installing Economy 7 storage heaters so its either on or off for me.

If you want heat you have to turn them on 12 hours before you need the heat. :rant:

Must be you, still in shorts and t-shirt in my house. Although, admittedly my house is a brand new build with super efficient insulation and stuff so that might be the reason why.

19c? Blimey, I'm glad I don't pay your heating bill! :o

Ours won't come on until the temperature gets below about 14c.

Wuss! -5 in our house. I don't allow extra jumpers or socks til +1 deg. It saves on washing.

Some people on here seem to be in competition to see who can put up with the coldest houses. I'm not one of them.

Rather try it now than wait for it to be really cold and find it doesn't work.

We've had ours on for the odd hour on the odd day (well twice this month) to take the chill off in the night.

I was sat at home last night in a jumper feeling all nesh wondering if its that time of year to start putting the heating on.

Has anyone else puts their heating on yet or am i just being a big wuss? :)

The first of October is the official earliest date it is acceptable to put the heating on. You have not got long to wait. :)