Ponds at Trowey

Spotted some ponds at Trowey near Coal Aston on Google maps. Anybody know who they belong too? I can't find any info except an old post from years ago saying they belonged to Midland Bank. Cheers

Hi, was sure i asked the same question on here some years back ( cant find the post though ). Fished these ponds as a nipper back in the day and i am sure thy were known as the top, bottom and middle scalper ponds.and yes midland bank springs to mind as the previous owners, access was gained via ford bottom , turn right at the very bottom of ford road and straight on to the farm ( there was a pond there also , think owned by davy united. Turn left at the farm and walk to the first Pond ( bottom scalper ). Bear in mind this was 50 odd years ago so access has probably changed a few times. Used to love fishing these ponds although never saw owt big, just old fashioned wag and mag for owt that swam.beautiful surroundings and tranquil fishing. Let us know if you get to fish them , after all were all wednesday arnt we!

Cheers Grandad owl I'll try and find out off Roger at Bradley's ponds he'll know as they are near to his by the looks on the map. WAWAW

Hi I enquired about these a few years ago, the top 3 smaller lakes are known as Dobholme fishery. Season ticket only mixed fishery, ring Dobholme farm for details. Looks lovely and quiet, think a tickets about £150.

The two larger dams are Skelper Ponds. Griffin Angling Club run by HSBC bank have got rights on these and unfortunately it's a no go unless you're a staff member of HSBC.

If anyone is still interested in the HSBC ponds, give me a shout.... I was a member 19 years ago and have just rejoined. Had a few good days down there the past week. Hsbc only own Skelper Dam, which is the top pond though. Not sure who owns the bottom one or if there are any fish in it! The HSBC one is £40 for the year. You don’t have to be a staff member, just have to meet down there with the chairman, to make sure you are gonna look after the place.

I thought one was called Ford pond, My grandad took me with him when I was very young, I fell in 😂 Luckily it was a steaming hot day and my clothes dried quickly laid over the bushes!! 😃

Biggsy 👍

Hi, i had a permit for these ponds in the 90’s for 10 years when they were midland banks and Phil Scott was the secretary. I’m really interested in re joining if possible? If anyone can help me with this please can you contact me. Many thanks.

I am the treasurer and bailiff for the club, if you are interested in a day ticket then please let me know

Stuartlee67@aol.com 

On 28/02/2021 at 11:46, Craig40 said:

Hi, i had a permit for these ponds in the 90’s for 10 years when they were midland banks and Phil Scott was the secretary. I’m really interested in re joining if possible? If anyone can help me with this please can you contact me. Many thanks.

Give me a shout if you need any further information