Supermarket etiquette

People who stand for ages at the shelves you want to get something from (usually the reduced section). When I say 'Can I reach over for something', I normally get a surly response back. Some people's social graces go out of the window when shopping....

Maybe you should shop somewhere more upmarket instead.

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 19:17 ----------

Waitrose has a nice level entrance. Problem solved :cool:

That's too upmarket.

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 19:19 ----------

Maybe stores that have two escalators going up could have one dedicated to trolleys so the people without them could get up 30 seconds quicker on the trolley free escalator. :hihi:

Asda in Parson Cross has two upwards escalators . . . both of which are used by trolley pushers

Asda in Parson Cross has two upwards escalators . . . both of which are used by trolley pushers

:hihi:

That's just reminded me of that very funny 'surveillance photo' captured some time ago by Mr Alco.

I've tried to find it on here, but no luck. :(

Let's hope he pops in later and posts it again! :)

EDIT:

Having just spent an enjoyable 30 mins or so reading many old threads, I've just managed to find it.

So, here it is for anyone who is remotely interested.

Those were the days when we had lots of fun threads on here... :D

Edited by Mr Bloke

I don't like shopping and I don't because there are too many people. I try and shop daft hours wherever I can, problems seem to disappear at 2AM in the morning, although usually the good fresh stock has as well by then...

Asda in Parson Cross has two upwards escalators . . . both of which are used by trolley pushers.

If you don't have a trolley (or other good reason) then why take the escalator instead of the stairs?

I have supermarket etiquette! I also have holey socks, but hey!:)

Maybe stores that have two escalators going up could have one dedicated to trolleys so the people without them could get up 30 seconds quicker on the trolley free escalator. :hihi:

They should have 3 escalators one for trolleys, one for young fit folk who can run/skip up and one for older people who can go at their own pace, maybe have a coffee at a lay-by half way up!

Can't disagree with any of the OPs points, would like to add one more.

Please wait til I've paid before you push past to arrange your bags in the bagging area. Sadly it's usually people in my age group (old) who do this, and it only seems to happen in Morrisons!

I often wish I knew if it was a VIP shopping day before I went and then I wouldn't bother going....I really hate those days...all those VIP's charging around.....can't help getting in their way. If only they knew....they might be VERY IMPORTANT in their own minds but that's all.

Please wait til I've paid before you push past to arrange your bags in the bagging area. Sadly it's usually people in my age group (old) who do this, and it only seems to happen in Morrisons!

Nah it happens in sainsburys too!

To counteract your comment, isnt it rather annoying when someone has already paid but they take a very long time to move off? I'm going to admit this and you'll not like it but if someone is lingering around for too long i will put my bags down in the packing bit as a subtle way to say SHIFT!!!! ;)

Reckon I must be one of the few people who will say 'excuse me' when passing in front of someone standing in the middle of an aisle, and is looking at the display, trying to make up their minds.

Worse thing is you queue at the self service belt at Asda and the person in front of you has a trolley load of stuff and they put it straight onto the baggage space. Then when everything is piled up there they proceed to put it in the bags in their trolley rather than bag it as they scan it. :(

Worse thing is you queue at the self service belt at Asda and the person in front of you has a trolley load of stuff and they put it straight onto the baggage space. Then when everything is piled up there they proceed to put it in the bags in their trolley rather than bag it as they scan it. :(

That's one reason I hate the self scan things with a passion. Your complaint, is wrong I reckon. The Asda I go to, each time you scan something, it 'has' to be put on the side and be weighed by the system. Just in case you put something there that you didn't scan. I've tried packing as I scan, and as I use my own shopping bags (hessian type), the system gives me the "Unexpected item in the bagging area" message, because it thinks the weight of my bag is an 'item'. So I've taken to just scanning stuff, slinging it in the bagging area and then packing it up when I've paid...Even then it nags me to "Please take your items"....

Oh and one more niggle...Waiting at the checkout for someone who 'knows' (relative / friend / work colleague etc) the operator and decides to have a big fat conversation with them.