Are there any garden centres open late?

When we lived in Peterborough, the garden centres were usually open quite late. But so where the estate agents.

Are there any garden centres/nurseries open past 5.30 in Sheffield, or do they only cater for the retired and unemployed here - like the estate agents? ;)

If the answer 'No', it looks like it'll be B&Q or Wilco's :rolleyes:

(Coz I ain't battling my way round one on a sunny Saturday :suspect: )

So, 15 people have had a look, so presumably that makes 16 of us who want to know if there are any :suspect:

doesn't anybody know? :(

I dont know of any.

Thanks.

I think they all close at 5 or 5.30. I'll stand corrected tho...otherwise as you say, it's B&Q, Homebase and co...

Wentworth Garden Centre (near Thorpe Hesley) is open until 6.30pm.

It's a bit of a trek from town, but you can make up for that by popping into the Rockingham Arms or the George & Dragon for a pint on the way back:D

Are there any garden centres/nurseries open past 5.30 in Sheffield, or do they only cater for the retired and unemployed here - like the estate agents? ;)

If the answer 'No', it looks like it'll be B&Q or Wilco's :rolleyes:

(Coz I ain't battling my way round one on a sunny Saturday :suspect: )

I know what you mean - I'm a keen gardener too and would love to go in the evening. But....it's been a long winter and a horrible spring weatherwise and I know for a fact that many garden centres/nurseries are struggling. Please think twice before you give your money to a big company!!!

I am thinking twice ;)

The Thorpe Hesley thing sounds rather attractive from here - as we're quite close to the M1 here :thumbsup:

perhaps we could petition a local nursery to open late maybe twice a month?

We used to do all the garden centre/gardening stuff Strix. I even used to have a much loved and well tended wildlife pond full of minnows, frogs and waterskaters.

Don't get time for all that now.....

The garden centre out at wentworth is well worth a look, plus walk around the grounds and discover some strange old (victorian?) oddities/follies and water features.

Visit the busy cafe...

Or I reckon the two or three real ale pubs nearby might be dog friendly....

Sorry, can't answer your original question about opening hours though .

bit of an map

I believe that Ward's nurseries at Coal Aston on the road to Eckington has a mid-week (Wednesday I think) late night opening at this time of year. I've bought lots of bedding plants from there, but I usually leave it until the last week in May so I don't know what the choice will be right now.

Valleyside off the A57 in the Rivelin Valley is open until 6pm.

We went to Mill Farm, Ridgeway at 4.45 yesterday, expecting to do a trolley dash style shop, but was told they were open 'til 6!

We spent over £50, and he gave us a 10%(ish) discount, and a big bag of compost to help us on our way :thumbsup:

I think we'll be going there again ;)

valleyside!