Anyone use EE for broadband/landline connections?

Hi, I'm currently with BT and my contract is coming to an end for broadband and landline. After looking round, I'd get a better deal moving to an EE package - even after continuing to pay for my BT email address.

Not only is it a better broandband and landline deal, but I also get extra data on my existing EE mobile contract for free as part of this.

So does anyone have any experience of EE broadband and landline contracts? Since I've already got a line and a fibre connection, I can't imagine too much can go wrong... (famous last words!) :D

I have EE fibre and land-line and cant fault them, never had to contact them in the 11 months I have been with them. The contract will soon be up and I will be signing up again.

Router is not too bad either.

My EE broadband in S10 has started dropping regularly. It did the same when I was in S13.

I am looking at the Sky offer on Money Saving expert site unlimited 38 mbps download for half price line rental for a year, works out at £18.70 pm for a year without calls.

I am looking at the Sky offer on Money Saving expert site unlimited 38 mbps download for half price line rental for a year, works out at £18.70 pm for a year without calls.
Sky block alot of streaming and torrent sites and throttle your connection speed at peak times...unless they changed it recently. Plusnet will pricematch other providers, they have been great for me, no problems at all in 3 or so years

My EE broadband in S10 has started dropping regularly. It did the same when I was in S13.

Is that regular broadband or fibre?

Sky block alot of streaming and torrent sites and throttle your connection speed at peak times...unless they changed it recently. Plusnet will pricematch other providers, they have been great for me, no problems at all in 3 or so years

The Sky is only for new customers to Sky, it is a good offer no activation fee, £50 credit and unlimited BB for £18.70 ayear. So unfortunately I can't get it.

The Sky is only for new customers to Sky, it is a good offer no activation fee, £50 credit and unlimited BB for £18.70 ayear. So unfortunately I can't get it.

That is something I believe OFCOM should look into as those sort of offers should also be available to existing customers. Having 18 month contracts when line rental is only for 12 months should also be dealt with and notifying a customer 1 month before the contract is up should be mandatory. At the moment its just rolled over to the higher price.

That is something I believe OFCOM should look into as those sort of offers should also be available to existing customers. Having 18 month contracts when line rental is only for 12 months should also be dealt with and notifying a customer 1 month before the contract is up should be mandatory. At the moment its just rolled over to the higher price.

I looked at Plusnet and you can pay a years line rental up front but the BB is an18 month contract and you cannot pay line rental for 18 months. So you miss paying in advance for the last 6 months of the contract because if you do it for another 12 months you have to pay the line rental at the increased rate after the offer has finished. I think they should give the opportunity of paying for the line rental for the same length as the BB contract.

Edited by iansheff

Thanks for all the feedback and interesting ideas about this.

I've ended up staying with BT as I didn't realise only part of my contract had run out, not the main BB and phone line. I hadn't realised the Caller Display and BT Sport options (both free) were on different contract lengths.

However when I spoke to BT they were surprised I hadn't contacted them about changing supplier, as they then matched the best deal I'd seen and created a whole new 12month contract with everything running out at the same time - I just wish these companies woud just offer the best deals to begin with instead of only lowering prices when you're ready to leave!

I've ended up staying with BT as I didn't realise only part of my contract had run out, not the main BB and phone line. I hadn't realised the Caller Display and BT Sport options (both free) were on different contract lengths.

Caller Display on BT isn't free - the fact that you may be getting it free means that they did you a deal, either at the time that you signed up or as a retention.

However when I spoke to BT they were surprised I hadn't contacted them about changing supplier, as they then matched the best deal I'd seen and created a whole new 12month contract with everything running out at the same time - I just wish these companies woud just offer the best deals to begin with instead of only lowering prices when you're ready to leave!

I was annoyed with BT myself when I found out that they were offering new customers £10 per month for Infinity 1 yet the month before this offer, they'd put my bill up to £30 for my infinity 1 (just for the broadband, not including line rental). When I called them on this and asked them to review my account with a view to matching or getting somewhat closer to the offer they were unwilling to do this citing brand new customers only. I then asked them how long they expected long time/loyal customers to subsidise new customers, especially as I'd been paying 'over the odds' for a while as standard price was meant to be £24 and I'd been paying more than that, and hadn't received any of the welcome offers (such as MnS or Sainsburys vouchers etc. - I'd definitely been a profitable customer) the customer service's rep stated that all he could do was put the bill down to match parity with standard full-price Infinity 1 (£23.99 PCM, again just for the broadband) and tying me up with another 12 month contract. - I voted with my feet and moved to Sky Fibre Max at half the price (£15 PCM for the first year, £25 PCM there after) - So far, I'm also getting better customer services from sky too, the line rental is cheaper at £17.40 PCM vs BT's £18.99 PCM and Sky's line rental includes free Caller ID/Display where BT usually charge for this as an additional extra per month.

All ISPs that offer fibre migration should actually be penalised by Ofcom for not honouring the Wholesale contracts. BT Openreach charge ISPs q one-off fee of about £10 for a fibre migration, and then it's a monthly contract. All ISPs that are doing inbound fibre migration still currently tie the customer in to a new 12 month term, even though technically they could easily do a monthly rolling contract. A lot of ISPs also charge the full fibre activation fee too, (about £50 usually) where by a migration isn't a line activation, no engineer needs to attend the street cabinets or re-jumper pairs so this charge is actually pretty much extortionate.

I use EE, approx 500 yards from s20 exchange and receive 18m never see drop-outs. £5 & £15 L/R.