Film to project image onto windows instead of the light going through?

Hi people.

I don't knowwhat category this should go in so I'll just put it in here. For Christmas I'm wanting to project snowflakes on our window so you can see them from the outside.

I can get a projector for about £20 that projects falling snowflakes. I know that pointing a projector at the window would just go through the window and not give the effect I want. To get the flakes to show on the window I believe I can get a clear film to go over the window which makes the light appear on the window instead.

Does anyone know what it is called? I believe it's what some people use for fake ghost videos

put some paper in the window, cut to size of each pane of glass.....

I did similar for halloween one year, just stuck a sheet at one window, and used paper on another...... worked well...

the stuff you're referring to is a slightly opaque material, with miniature holes in it (like a cinema screen)

Just search Amazon, eBay for frosted window film.

You can buy window film on a roll from Wilkinson's, its about £5 + a roll. It comes in patterns or window frosting (like your bathroom/toilet window). I'm not sure if they did clear film but the frosting film would probably work the best.