Kilner Way parking cameras

Surely if the time limit is 90 minutes on match days, everyone parking there

to go to the match, would be over the limit. It is not possible to park, then walk

to the ground watch the match (90 minutes minimum).Walk back to Kilner way,takes you way over the 90 minutes

I think thats the point. the shops dont want all the parking spaces filled with matchgoers.

It was inevitable and just a case of when really.......

It is only like somebody parking on your driveway at home and going to the match really isn't it? The shops pay the rent therefore expect the parking to be used for shopping purposes only.

It has been an issue in S2 for many a year. Most of the major businesses around Bramall Lane have been the same for years.

The bingo hall has a computer to enter your reg plate in so you dont get fined for staying over the 3 hour limit and 90 minute on match days.

Do they have some sort of computer to put staff registration in to so they can tell who's staff and who's not ?

Surely if the time limit is 90 minutes on match days, everyone parking there

to go to the match, would be over the limit. It is not possible to park, then walk

to the ground watch the match (90 minutes minimum).Walk back to Kilner way,takes you way over the 90 minutes

You seem to have missed the point in installing the camera's in the first place.

Do they have some sort of computer to put staff registration in to so they can tell who's staff and who's not ?

Im unsure about staff parking, i went into the bingo hall toilets and there were posters around saying to register your car reg into the computer if you were staying for over the 3 hour limit to prevent a parking fine. Staff also made an announcement just to remind people. It makes sense really, i went shopping a few weeks ago and couldn't get parked in there due to the football goers.

Down at the Meadowhall Retail Park, staff give their reg no. to management who then inform the parking company, so I presume a similar system will work here. If staff change their car and forget to tell management, a PCN arrives in the post! Usually cancelled when the error is sorted.

My mate has just got a £60 fine for exceeding the 90 minutes last Saturday, she wouldnt have got it had she not nipped into Costa.

She has a week to pay and if she doesnt it states it goes up to £100, best thing is she lives almost as close to the Wednesday ground as the Kilner Way car park itself.

Realistically, this time of year with queues etc, there should be some leniency?

My mate has just got a £60 fine for exceeding the 90 minutes last Saturday, she wouldnt have got it had she not nipped into Costa.

She has a week to pay and if she doesnt it states it goes up to £100, best thing is she lives almost as close to the Wednesday ground as the Kilner Way car park itself.

Tell her to scan/photo all the paperwork, and after de-personalising it, host it on photobucket or somewhere similar.

i.e. blank out anything which can identify her or her car.

Visit Pepipoo and post a link to the scans there along with her query.

Do not admit to being the driver.

She could also read MoneySavingsExpert and/or ParkingPrankster; there is also a reasonable Facebook group

Be wary of other facebook groups, as some are known to give bad advice.

Tell her to scan/photo all the paperwork, and after de-personalising it, host it on photobucket or somewhere similar.

i.e. blank out anything which can identify her or her car.

Visit Pepipoo and post a link to the scans there along with her query.

Do not admit to being the driver.

She could also read MoneySavingsExpert and/or ParkingPrankster; there is also a reasonable Facebook group

Be wary of other facebook groups, as some are known to give bad advice.

Thank you for the advice :)

A lot of these shop/business car parks are genuinely trying to keep these car parks for their patrons and quite often if you prove you were genuinely being a customer you can get the ticket cancelled.

Its good to get into the habit of routinely saving all receipts for a couple of weeks just in case, ok you get done because you weren't aware there was going to be an issue that's why routine all receipts without even thinking about it, even if you are quite sure there won't be an issue. You never know, you might be needing an alibi:suspect: like for the strange disappearance of your wife.:suspect:

Also where there are other businesses around go to the one which the carpark belongs to last so the time on your receipt will match your leaving time.