Chinook Helicopters flying over?

Like the Bang-Stick, Horseless Cart and Iron Horse, Flying Machines are clearly evidence of Witchcraft, and hence a source of great fear and curiousity.

Since when? And who uses it?

Don't know who uses it, and I didn't know it was still there, but it certainly was in 1986 when I was on day release at Shirecliffe College.

Heliport? Sheffield?

I have just seen the Chinook land near Parkwood Springs. I had no idea that we had a heliport there!

Theres a fold out helipad on the fields to the left as your going down parkway towards townend from bradway after 2nd round about. Youll notice a horsefield to the right and the helipad is just behind the line of trees on a field

all this info on the hellipad, but nothing on why it was here.....

we saw it fly overhead, and loop round towards shirecliffe, looked as though it came from hillsbrough direction roughly

EDIT

seems it's not the first time... http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/can-you-explain-the-mystery-chinook-helicopter-landing-near-sheffield-estate-1-3343704

Edited by Ghozer

It's a bit of a mystery isn't it .. Has anyone seen a chinook fly over other than on wednesday in the last couple of months maybe it is some sort of training exercise, like you see in hathersage area I have seen the RAF Hercules fly extremely low and various other jets training :)

It's been there for at least 40 years. Remember watching football matches at Shirecliffe Heliport as a child

Another just flew over quite low. Heading chesterfield way over manor top.

The Shirecliffe Heliport is where air ambulances land for Northern General (a few hundred yards down Barnsley Road). It happens a couple of times a week.

The Shirecliffe Heliport is where air ambulances land for Northern General (a few hundred yards down Barnsley Road). It happens a couple of times a week.

The Northern General now have their own landing pad directly outside A&E

http://www.sheffieldhelipad.com/news/helipad-opens-at-the-northern-general-hospital/

Edited by Cream Bun

.... and one over Worrall area in the direction of Hillsborough at 11.30am.