Grimesthorpe School 1960s

Dont worry about it Pal , we are all prone to a bit of brain freeze nowadays :loopy:

---------- Post added 09-02-2017 at 15:21 ----------

Steve , i am replying to your MPs but not sure if they are being sent, meet up sounds good to me just let me know whats happening when you sort it with Jeff.

Jim :confused:

I remember that ******* Gathercole (was he my form teacher at some point?) and Askham, head at Grimesthorpe. Is it OK to inflict corporal punishment on little kids? Had my fair share from both. <removed> me up.

I remember also Philip? Parker, definitely Mick Wilks (actually met him on a construction site in '76 with his older brother, both joiners), Stephen Wild, John Chord, Miss Bezzant (nice), Mrs. Hairsign? We used to do those country dance sessions in the hall. And school dinners and those greasy melamine plates and dishes. And the spoons - some had little arrows on the back of them (special). David Markham (bit of a lad), David Drury (more so), Nigel Schofield, David Acorn, Stephen Goodhall (used to draw horses and I couldn't!). The school football team did really well when I was there. And Philip Kruger, if ever I had a bezzie mate it was Philip, but I'm not entirely sure why because with Philip there was always trouble just waiting to be unwrapped. Started smoking, sometimes Capstain Full Strength, with Philip, at 8 years old. We'd nick money from our parents and go up town for some fun. Fortunately never became a habit! I do often wonder how he is, hope he's well, I really do.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, that place, the kids I grew up with, it's all still important stuff.

David

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

Hy David,how are you ? uv'e brought back some memories there !! Gathercole ,what a s....,liked his cane for sure,remember getting 3 strokes for doing <removed> all.:mad: stung like hell ,it was gary parker ,in our year,ended up at sheff wednesday,then moved to south africa.We had a good chat at our reunion back in 2002,i was surprised more did'nt come to it. Hope things are well with you. Are you still in Cumbria ? think that's where you said you were.I have chatted to Jim Daley,and Jack bowler on here so far.Cheers Steve Wild :thumbsup:

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

I went to this school Mr askam was the head master and there was a teacher called Mrs Jackson love this school

Yes i remember them well , do you remember Mrs Jacksons hair style , it was a work of art 😎

Jim.