Geese on canal are missing

Does anyone know what has happened to the pair of white geese on the Sheffield Tinsley Canal? They have been around for many years on the stretch between Victoria Keys and Sheffield Arena. The female has an eye missing and the pair have made many unsuccessful attempts at hatching eggs over the years. I cycle along this route daily during school term time and they were there at the end of July but missing by the beginning of September. I have always hoped they might be united with the large flock on the River Don nearby but I am concerned that something worse has happened.

Does anyone know what has happened to the pair of white geese on the Sheffield Tinsley Canal? They have been around for many years on the stretch between Victoria Keys and Sheffield Arena. The female has an eye missing and the pair have made many unsuccessful attempts at hatching eggs over the years. I cycle along this route daily during school term time and they were there at the end of July but missing by the beginning of September. I have always hoped they might be united with the large flock on the River Don nearby but I am concerned that something worse has happened.

I think they might have joined the "SWANS" in the centre of Rotherham.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: