Do you feel more or less patriotic since the EU Referendum ?

Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?

• More patriotic
    • Less patriotic
    • No difference

indeed, what a shallow, hateful, narrow minded piece of slime we have become :(

The irony is that most immigrants to this county come from places in the world where racism is far more of a problem... which means we increase the percentage of our population with racist views. Then we have the mass immigration impact, which has increased racial tension further and made it a more racist place again. As a strategy for tackling racism, the multicultural mass immigration policy of our liberal elite has not exactly been a roaring success - it has achieved the opposite of the policy intent.

The liberal elite who now look down their noses, sneer and talk of national shame should take and introspective look at their part in this... it's all their own doing.

I feel no more or less patriotic than before.

The majority did not want to be ruled by Germany in a dictatorship. We beat the Kaiser, we beat Hitler. The majority are not prepared to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats that we can't vote out. The reality is if you believe in democracy, then you accept the result and hope for a better future. If you are not prepared to accept the democratic wishes of the majority, and are ashamed of the country you live in, then it is best you make arrangements to live elsewhere, in a country you will not be ashamed of.

European parliament which we elected, not unelected bueracrats. What exactly do you think Nigel Farage's position was? How do you think he was in the EU parliament? He was elected! A lot like when we elect British MP's to the British Parliament.

There are 1000s of posts on this forum that make this look like 'double-standards' though, almost all by the remain side

There isn't though is there.

---------- Post added 18-09-2016 at 10:38 ----------

The majority did not want to be ruled by Germany in a dictatorship. We beat the Kaiser, we beat Hitler. The majority are not prepared to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats that we can't vote out. The reality is if you believe in democracy, then you accept the result and hope for a better future. If you are not prepared to accept the democratic wishes of the majority, and are ashamed of the country you live in, then it is best you make arrangements to live elsewhere, in a country you will not be ashamed of.

Posts like this make me feel less patriotic.

It's not nonsense. We're seen as a laughing stock rapidly trending to the political right. Where once we were a tolerant and welcoming country we are now tolerant of hate and that utterly disgusts me.

The sovereignty you want back is only so there can be more hate and fear and so it that hate and fear can be institutionalised, with xenophobia baked into our legislation.

I know you don't like it but it's the truth.

far from being a laughing stock i dont know where that idea came from:huh: we are and will be far more respected in the future. we are still tolerant when tolerance is needed. we are still welcoming country to those that are advantageous to us we dont need to be dragged down by those that seek to harm or take from us.

our sovereignty is our right to rule our own country without interference from others and that is now beginning.

Spot on, I've always been proud of my dad and grandad who fought in two world wars to keep the UK an independent country and not be dominated by others.

We've had a referendum to take back that independence and the leavers won, but that doesn't seem good enough for the remainers.

We were fed a diet of doom and gloom if we left, so I wish the remainers would make their minds up. If the country's going down the pan immigrants wouldn't want to come here anyhow, but there's no sign of that happening.

You have fundamentally misunderstood how our government works. You all claim that we have taken back out sovereignty. Do you even understand the definition of sovereignty? Did we somehow not have Parliament to govern this country at some point? Did we somehow not have the Supreme Court or previously the House of Lords to rule on judiciary matters? Also, you apparently think Germany is run by a dictatorship. Really?! What age are you living in? Do you know how the EU Parliament works? We actually elect our own MEPs or have you not noticed? The U.K. also actually have commissioners appointed by us. Or we did until we decided to vote to Leave. In fact we had one of the most influential commissioner positions in Financial Services but not anymore since the Brexit vote.

The new deal will still have the free movement of people because four EU countries have already said that they will veto any deal that threatens it. So what have you gained?

---------- Post added 18-09-2016 at 11:46 ----------

Spot on, I've always been proud of my dad and grandad who fought in two world wars to keep the UK an independent country and not be dominated by others.

We've had a referendum to take back that independence and the leavers won, but that doesn't seem good enough for the remainers.

We were fed a diet of doom and gloom if we left, so I wish the remainers would make their minds up. If the country's going down the pan immigrants wouldn't want to come here anyhow, but there's no sign of that happening.

Universities from the EU have already started to stop funding projects with UK universities because of the uncertainty. So we have less highly skilled scientists and university students coming over already.

You have fundamentally misunderstood how our government works. You all claim that we have taken back out sovereignty. Do you even understand the definition of sovereignty? Did we somehow not have Parliament to govern this country at some point? Did we somehow not have the Supreme Court or previously the House of Lords to rule on judiciary matters? Also, you apparently think Germany is run by a dictatorship. Really?! What age are you living in? Do you know how the EU Parliament works? We actually elect our own MEPs or have you not noticed? The U.K. also actually have commissioners appointed by us. Or we did until we decided to vote to Leave. In fact we had one of the most influential commissioner positions in Financial Services but not anymore since the Brexit vote.

The new deal will still have the free movement of people because four EU countries have already said that they will veto any deal that threatens it. So what have you gained?

---------- Post added 18-09-2016 at 11:46 ----------

Universities from the EU have already started to stop funding projects with UK universities because of the uncertainty. So we have less highly skilled scientists and university students coming over already.

You say that four EU countries will veto any deal that stops freedom of movement. Is that because they don't want to stop the flood of people from the UK?

Why is it that if those countries are full of hard working, highly skilled people that they are not the success stories of Europe and they would want to remain there?

I see that now one of those countries, Hungary is having a referendum on accepting refugees, so presumably that will be overwhelmingly rejected, as they are so welcoming.

You say that four EU countries will veto any deal that stops freedom of movement. Is that because they don't want to stop the flood of people from the UK?

Why is it that if those countries are full of hard working, highly skilled people that they are not the success stories of Europe and they would want to remain there?

I see that now one of those countries, Hungary is having a referendum on accepting refugees, so presumably that will be overwhelmingly rejected, as they are so welcoming.

So the plan is to damage our economy to make it less attractive?

So the plan is to damage our economy to make it less attractive?

Why is that going to happen? This country has accepted immigrsnts for centuries on our terms, and subsequently become one of the most successful countries in the world. No one has proposed changing that.

Or won't you be satisfied until we level down to the lowest common denominator?

They will veto it because it will, some might say, give us a better deal than if we'd stayed in the EU. Quite simple if you think about it...

And yes, they can refuse refugees. It's not an EU issue.

Why is that going to happen? This country has accepted immigrsnts for centuries on our terms, and subsequently become one of the most successful countries in the world. No one has proposed changing that.

Or won't you be satisfied until we level down to the lowest common denominator?

Actually people do want to change that. Farage has more than once proposed very low net figures to a point where new immigrants would be hardly noticeable. 50,000 is what he suggested.

I don't want us to level down. That's the point.

how can you be patrotic about living in the uk.

i am 47 and lived here since birth.

the changes in this time have seen unlimited influx of loads of different foreigners here to fleece of this goverment.

THAT IS A FACT.

people can say they are here to work.

hahahaha

i see these immigrants walking around in sheffield(certain areas) during daytime drinking whilst people are at work.

whose paying for their rent/food/fags/drink/schooling for their kids/health care??