Bole Hill Park Crookes Rugby club?

Hi all,

A number of people have brought to my attention that the Lib Dems have raised the fence issue again. To reiterate, we have no intention to erect a fence at Bole Hill. We have been talking to various users recently about working together to ensure the park is open and usable for all.

What a shame that the Lib Dems are once again trying to create divisions in the local community, its negative politics ,promoting hate not hope and we don't want it in Crookes and Crosspool.

I genuinely cannot believe how petty, narrow minded and intransigent people are being about this. For the record, I don't like dogs or rugby - I could happily live without the existence of either. But I am able to accept that other people may feel differently, and I think it's pretty pathetic that the rugby club are being made to walk on eggshells the way they are. Can people really not adjust their the horizons of their sad little lives a little to allow other people to exist and function too?

What Ruskin said.

This isn't about words on a forum, it's about folk getting together, rain wind or sunshine, in todays world we should all be supporting that.

I genuinely cannot believe how petty, narrow minded and intransigent people are being about this. For the record, I don't like dogs or rugby - I could happily live without the existence of either. But I am able to accept that other people may feel differently, and I think it's pretty pathetic that the rugby club are being made to walk on eggshells the way they are. Can people really not adjust their the horizons of their sad little lives a little to allow other people to exist and function too?

Well said that person!

Is there someone from the Rugby club still monitoring this thread?.

If so can you politely ask your guys or spectators to step churning up the grass verges along Moorsyde Avenue.

There is a game on today. Just been up to Bole hill and 5 cars are using the verge as parking. It won't survive the winter at this rate.

Technically speaking they could be ticketed as the verge runs alongside double yellow but it would be better if the owners could just voluntarily park on a road somewhere rather than the verge.

There's usually plenty of space up on Woodfield Road and it's only a little further to walk

Is there someone from the Rugby club still monitoring this thread?.

If so can you politely ask your guys or spectators to step churning up the grass verges along Moorsyde Avenue.

There is a game on today. Just been up to Bole hill and 5 cars are using the verge as parking. It won't survive the winter at this rate.

Technically speaking they could be ticketed as the verge runs alongside double yellow but it would be better if the owners could just voluntarily park on a road somewhere rather than the verge.

There's usually plenty of space up on Woodfield Road and it's only a little further to walk

I think there may be some mistake here, there is no Rugby game on today so you may have got this confused with some other people using the park.

When there is a game, everyone I know of uses space available on Northfield Road as its far easier to get parked.

I think there may be some mistake here, there is no Rugby game on today so you may have got this confused with some other people using the park.

When there is a game, everyone I know of uses space available on Northfield Road as its far easier to get parked.

Do you happen to know who has booked the pitch today so I can ask the right people?

Do you happen to know who has booked the pitch today so I can ask the right people?

As far as I am aware Hallamshire were due to play today but the game was called off midweek. Your post was also from this morning. If there are any rugby games on the earliest kick off would be 2:15.

I suspect it was simply people using the park as normal.

Hi Ian,

I’m always notified of activity on this thread. Hallamshire didn’t have a game scheduled at Bole Hill this week. Our fixtures are all on our website (hallamshirerufc.com) where possible we encourage our players to car share or get public transport to games to minimise the impact on the local community. Unfortunately we don’t have exclusive use of the pitch so if there was someone playing there today, parks and gardens would have taken the booking. I’ll ask my contact about it next time we have a meeting.

Thanks

Tom