The tip of the iceberg?

My point was not the legitimate fear of sex Robin

It was that traumatised women should seek support first, BEFORE thinking of parenting

Virgin births are utterly ridiculous!

Healthy sexual relationships are SUCH an important part of ALL of our lives

And are fundamental to our physical and mental health and essential in bonding with our partners

What kind of kids is a mother afraid of intimacy going to raise??

Deeply damaged ones :mad:

Sorry, only there was nothing in that article to suggest their fears weren't legitimate - it says psychosexual complications.

If you think women with a legitimate fear are rounded enough then that's good. I agree.

Twenty-five young women in the UK, all of whom are hetereosexual and in their twenties, have opted for IVF in the past five years because they feel ready to be a parent, doctors told the Mail on Sunday.

Some who have had the "virgin births" said they made the decision because they were still waiting for the right partner - and a few said they were afraid of sex owing to psychosexual complications.

A survey in 2013 claimed that one in every 200 women in the US reported to have become pregnant without having had sexual intercourse.

I wonder if they could get IVF for free? Are we heading for a future where babies will be born in a laboratory?

This should be stopped, before it gets more popular.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/women-who-have-never-had-sex-give-virgin-birth-through-ivf-say-doctors-a6670101.html?cmpid=facebook-post

To answer the question. No it should not be free, but really it is no way to bring up a child anyway. A balanced relationship between a man and a woman is the way to go. If a woman has suffered abuse I would say, seek counseling.

To answer the question. No it should not be free, but really it is no way to bring up a child anyway. A balanced relationship between a man and a woman is the way to go. If a woman has suffered abuse I would say, seek counseling.

Access to funding - CCGs across England have different eligibility criteria for access to funding. These can include: - limits on a patient’s BMI (Body Mass Index - a measurement of obesity.

I cannot see how it would be funded by the NHS, unless a woman had deep mental health problems, and then those problemS would be a reason not to give them IVF.

"To answer the question. No it should not be free, but really it is no way to bring up a child anyway. A balanced relationship between a man and a woman is the way to go. If a woman has suffered abuse I would say, seek counseling" (spilldig ).

in your opinion. What other types of relationships are able to flourish and are conducive to the raising of children ?

I do believe the Vatican is opposed to IVF.

Edited by petemcewan

.....but really it is no way to bring up a child anyway. A balanced relationship between a man and a woman is the way to go. If a woman has suffered abuse I would say, seek counseling.

I wonder if they could get IVF for free? Are we heading for a future where babies will be born in a laboratory?

What kind of kids is a mother afraid of intimacy going to raise??

Deeply damaged ones :mad:

The 21st century Mary Whitehouse Legion will be shocked that we now also have abortion, gay marriage and contraception. Will no one help prevent the moral collapse of this once Christian country.

Or just parenting on the cheap.

Why is it cheaper without a man? Surely the cost of parenting is what is spend on the child?

Why is it cheaper without a man? Surely the cost of parenting is what is spend on the child?

If someone makes a poor choice they end up with two children.

Or even three children. Children having children. Just because someone had 18th birthday doesn't mean they are grown adults.

Women who turn to IVF should have mental health thoroughly examined.

If they are afraid of men maybe a crime should be reported.

Maybe some counselling is in order.

Maybe some underlying mental health issue needs to be treated.

Normal healthy women are not afraid of men. Period.

Exactly..................

I guess I can elaborate on that a bit more if anyone wants to challenge that.

Normal healthy human beings are not afraid of other human beings.

In that case IVF is a cry for help.

If someone makes a poor choice they end up with two children.

Or even three children. Children having children. Just because someone had 18th birthday doesn't mean they are grown adults.

Women who turn to IVF should have mental health thoroughly examined.

If they are afraid of men maybe a crime should be reported.

Maybe some counselling is in order.

Maybe some underlying mental health issue needs to be treated.

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make here. Are you saying women shouldn't have a right to decide whether they want children or not because if they do it via IVF instead of standard relations they are automatically afraid of men?

What about men using surrogate mothers? Is that because they are afraid of women?

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make here. Are you saying women shouldn't have a right to decide whether they want children or not because if they do it via IVF instead of standard relations they are automatically afraid of men?

What about men using surrogate mothers? Is that because they are afraid of women?

Let me point you to OP

Twenty-five young women in the UK, all of whom are hetereosexual and in their twenties, have opted for IVF in the past five years because they feel ready to be a parent, doctors told the Mail on Sunday.

Some who have had the "virgin births" said they made the decision because they were still waiting for the right partner - and a few said they were afraid of sex owing to psychosexual complications.

A survey in 2013 claimed that one in every 200 women in the US reported to have become pregnant without having had sexual intercourse.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/women-who-have-never-had-sex-give-virgin-birth-through-ivf-say-doctors-a6670101.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Whole thing is about distressed women who got IVF.

There surely were more then 5 cases of IVF a year.

It's just that those five were mistreated by healthcare system.

They got IVF when they needed psychiatrist or some other help.

As with many things the Japanese society is ahead of the curve with this. Part of emancipation is that women want a self-deterministic right, which in my opinion is absolutely fine. If they don't want a man, they don't want a man, no issue at all.

What about the child wanting a father?