Bearded Violin Player, Sheffield Centre

For a few years now you insist on screeching out your repetitive noise around the City Centre playing the same old rubbish which mainly has no tune.

Today I treat myself to a BLT sandwich (Friday) and proceeded to sit on the City Hall steps as it was nice and quiet and could listen to the fountains.

As soon as I had bitten into my sandwich guess what, the sound of a violin playing awful screeching, you had appeared. I finished my sandwich quickly and went to put my empty bag in the bin. Then guess what! you put your Violin away and went into the nearby Pub. Thank you for that you have just ruined my Friday lunch.

Notes:

You are not allowed to 'Busk' at Barkers Pool (you would know that if you had a buskers permit, which you obviously do not have)

Why do you think that a Buskers job is to disturb everybodies lunch time?

I have a pair of Violin String Cutter Pliers (stealth ones)

Get a Job and stop sponging.

If you are happy and grateful for this you are very lucky. It will take a lot more than a screeching violin for me to say thank you.

There are ways to become less affected by things like sounds, music, noise and still have a good life/lunch without being personally bothered by what happens around at that time.

Edited by dutch

We were walking along Surrey Street a few weeks ago and the bloke with the saxophone was there. What I have noticed is that even when he isn't playing the saxophone, sometimes,when someone walks past and doesn't put something in his begging hat he will blow it loud in their ear. He did it to me . Was it coincidence? I suspected not,so the following week I stood just round the corner and watched him do it to other people.

For a few years now you insist on screeching out your repetitive noise around the City Centre playing the same old rubbish which mainly has no tune.

Today I treat myself to a BLT sandwich (Friday) and proceeded to sit on the City Hall steps as it was nice and quiet and could listen to the fountains.

As soon as I had bitten into my sandwich guess what, the sound of a violin playing awful screeching, you had appeared. I finished my sandwich quickly and went to put my empty bag in the bin. Then guess what! you put your Violin away and went into the nearby Pub. Thank you for that you have just ruined my Friday lunch.

If you object so strongly to his violin playing (which he is perfectly entitled to do) then why don't you approach him in person and discuss it with him instead of calling him out on here?

You big scary internet warrior you!

Notes:

You are not allowed to 'Busk' at Barkers Pool (you would know that if you had a buskers permit, which you obviously do not have)

Why do you think that a Buskers job is to disturb everybodies lunch time?

I have a pair of Violin String Cutter Pliers (stealth ones)

Get a Job and stop sponging.

How do you know he does not have a buskers permit?

Also, you have just made a vague threat to damage his property on a public forum. Not the cleverest thing to do is it?

'How do you know he does not have a buskers permit?'

Surely if he did he'd know no busking was allowed in barkers pools as per OP.

'Also, you have just made a vague threat to damage his property on a public forum. Not the cleverest thing to do is it?

'

So vague we almost missed it. Could you post a piccie of 'stealth' string cutters?:hihi:

'How do you know he does not have a buskers permit?'

Surely if he did he'd know no busking was allowed in barkers pools as per OP.

Maybe he does know busking is not allowed in Barkers Pool and chooses to ignore this. Good for him.

Also, you have just made a vague threat to damage his property on a public forum. Not the cleverest thing to do is it?

So vague we almost missed it. Could you post a piccie of 'stealth' string cutters?:hihi:

No.

i think there are one or two Jeremy Corbyn supporters on this thread:suspect:

i think there are one or two Jeremy Corbyn supporters on this thread:suspect:

and there are plenty of Jeremy Corbyn supporters who aren't.

Oh, now look what you made me do :roll:

Anyway, if you play the violin or any other musical instrument that only music lovers (ie posh folk & snobs) will appreciate, then it makes logical sense that you'd busk outside Cole Brothers where rich people shop, not Poundland where I shop.

Sometimes, I think Sheffielders are just not very bright :help:

The last busker I gave money to was playing that REM song with an acoustic guitar, I can't remember the song name but it ends "that was just a dream". It was a few years back, and I think it was on the Moor. Yes, it must have been there since I'm too tight to shop anywhere else.

I see them busking all the time on Barkers pool, never knew it wasn't allowed. The man and sometimes the woman with the concertina thing, really really irritating. Lol

Is the violin player male or female ?

Female. Definitely female. With a beard.

Female. Definitely female. With a beard.

I think her name is Natasha :D