Trent venues for first time Barbel

Hi, I'm wanting to try out Barbel fishing for the first time. Can anyone suggest any venues on the Trent Close as possible to Chesterfield/Sheffield for a day ticket. I'm not after monsters to start with though I wouldn't turn one down!! Also any tips on baits tactics best times etc for this time of year would be appreciated. Cheers.

Yes a1 pits drive past the lakes until you get to the Trent I think it's the first 2 or 3 pegs that you come to there's a sunken barge cast just short of that 2oz bomb early morning or dusk can fish all night too plus can park car in peg use worm bigger the better or big chunk of luncheon meat but be aware they are some monsters hope this helps

Cheers for that guys - I'll give it a try

---------- Post added 18-09-2016 at 11:45 ----------

Is the sunken barge visible?

Thanks for the info

---------- Post added 19-09-2016 at 19:55 ----------

Called in to have a nosey at A1 pits as I was that way today - you can pick out the barge - Talking to two guys there today apparently the first 4 or 5 pegs are the sought after ones if you don't get those it can be hard going. I'm off Early Sunday morning for a try - if I can get on lol. They'd gone to Bob's Island and couldn't get a peg, on a Monday!!

Try Smeatons round corner from A1 pits, theres only 7 pegs which you have to book usually fishes better at night some good Barbel, Carp and Chub

Got to a1 for half 6 to fish a few hours - complete blank. Speaking to others who had been there since Friday and they'd faired no better. Out of a dozen or so anglers only one had caught a Barbel all weekend. It won't put me off though lol. I'll certainly try other venues