Fox and Duck pub, 174 Pye Bank Road.

Does anyone recall this pub that stood on Pye Bank Road , Pitsmoor I'm guessing its long gone . Seen a photo of it on ' Flickr' in a derelict state?

Been in that pub a few times and then onto Sheffield Loco Workingmens club.

Nice area for drinking in them days, sorry now't left round there anymore

even Pitsmoor club has gone..

I used to live on Pye bank drive early sixtys just up the road from the pub.alan p

Yes, it was demolished in about 2005 or so.

Was it a 'Tetley's' pub ?

The pub must have been quite old seen a better photo in one of my pub books today. Any idea what the inside was like?

Was it a 'Tetley's' pub ?

---------------

Here Stpetre, Have this John's Smith beer on me - Cheers

As I remember I'm almost sure the landlady was Doreen with a son Brian.

I remember it well. Part of my childhood but I never went in when I was old enough. I remember you had to go up three or four steps to get into the pub. I once chucked a 'banger' in there. Down the road to the 'Bacon Box' ( Marshall Tavern), you went down three or four steps.

As I remember I'm almost sure the landlady was Doreen with a son Brian.

That's right,think Brian had downs syndrome.Used to have our dinner in there it was handy for us Stanley Tools wallers.Ready for a drink running up those steps.

That's right,think Brian had downs syndrome.Used to have our dinner in there it was handy for us Stanley Tools wallers.Ready for a drink running up those steps.

Aha, yes the Fox and Duck ..it was a little goldmine in it's day.

It was extended in the early 80s in the tap room and a pool table was installed.

Kinda ruined the pub in view and Doreen, Pitsmoor Annie Walker (dead ringer) was the landlady helped along with her Son Brian.

I never knew her husband think he died before my time but I believe she was once married.

The best room had a piano usually played by talented customers at the weekend and alway's a sing-a-long.

It never had a juke box as far as I remember

Aha, yes the Fox and Duck ..it was a little goldmine in it's day.

It was extended in the early 80s in the tap room and a pool table was installed.

Kinda ruined the pub in view and Doreen, Pitsmoor Annie Walker (dead ringer) was the landlady helped along with her Son Brian.

I never knew her husband think he died before my time but I believe she was once married.

The best room had a piano usually played by talented customers at the weekend and alway's a sing-a-long.

It never had a juke box as far as I remember

Didn't they knock through into the cottage next door for this.