Anti social motor bikers

I was walking up School Road today, when one of these idiots on a horrendously loud trials bike, overtook a car at high speed and proceeded to do a wheelie in the middle of the road. This was around half past three when the area was full of schoolchildren. The rider had a helmet and it looked to be a road-legal bike as it had a numberplate.

Guest makapaka

I started this thread - but I didn't call it "anti social motor bikers" - what's that about?

We have the same problem in heeley, two guy's on trials bikes riding on pavements up and down path's. Even riding up the middle of Gleadless road in between the traffic. No one seems bothered. If they hit anyone it could kill them.

hopefully , it will be the motorbikers who are seriously hurt

Gleadless Valley is plagued with a couple of these idiots, one morning they were still at it at 02:30, luckily the Police know who they are.

Did anyone see those lads earlier in crookes - one had no helmet just a balaclava- riding round crookes this afternoon??

Visit Thailand. There's people on little motorcycles everywhere. Way too many to note down a location and description for reporting later.

Not the police fault. Home office have decreed that police are not allowed to Persue motorcyclists except for very serious offences.

The reason being that by perusing the motorbike could lead to serious injury/ death of the rider in what is usually a minor offence.

I thought that they are not allowed to pursue only if the rider is not wearing a helmet?

I have not heard them around Heeley for the last three days, could they have been caught.Hope so.

Yesterday we had eight(8) off road idiot bikers tear up our road,doing wheelies into on coming traffic.They were riding up pavements and flying about all over the place.I reported it to 101, which was a waste of time because by the time she had taken down all the details ,she said "well if it was 10 minutes ago they will have gone by now" When you see the helicopter go up on the police programmes ,you expect a bit of action, but I was told if they come back then to report it again. What for?

Unfortunately the do gooders have deemed it unsafe for the police to chase poor little Timmy on his illegal bike in case he falls and has a boo boo. So really there's not a lot they can do.

Once when I rang the non emergency number to report something (not motor bikers) I was told by the call handler that as it was "a crime in progress" I should have dialed 999. I think there is a bit of a grey area sometimes when deciding which number to ring.

Unfortunately the do gooders have deemed it unsafe for the police to chase poor little Timmy on his illegal bike in case he falls and has a boo boo. So really there's not a lot they can do.

...by do gooders you mean...err...the police :huh:

A 'one off' incident is just that.

If you keep reporting every occurrence, the police then have reason to mount an operation to try and do something.

Don't be discouraged. Make the effort to keep on reporting.