Where has the sun gone? 13/09/2016 Thunderstorms

The outer edge of this storm just past by Sheffield. Manchester and peaks got a decent load.

We ran out to get the laundry but 2 minutes later it was over, the lightning that continued for a bit longer was beautiful to watch.

this morning whilst having breakfast in my conservatory ,I notice the roof panels had been damaged. Went outside and there was holes in five of the panels . the hailstones must have been like bullets they have broken through first layer of poly-carbonate . so I would like to tell people with this type of roof to check.

No idea how to put a picture up on here but if you check radio sheffields Twitter someone had put a photo up of the hail storms and they are massive like the size of an old 50p. If one of them conked you on the noggin you'd definitely feel it.

this morning whilst having breakfast in my conservatory ,I notice the roof panels had been damaged. Went outside and there was holes in five of the panels . the hailstones must have been like bullets they have broken through first layer of poly-carbonate . so I would like to tell people with this type of roof to check.

Five holes in my carport caused by the hail, I bet some caravans were damaged having soft alloy roofs, luckily mine was covered and safe.

my polycarbonate greenhouse is fine but then again its nearly new. older poly sheets become fragile due to uv exposure.

All of the above and yet Calendar and Look Leeds failed to even comment on the event....... but it didn't happen in Leeds I guess :roll:

Tornado envy :)

Edited by Daven

Was coming through Leeds Bradford airport when daughter rang from Sheffield to tell us storm had just passed through there.We just got on motorway when it hit,honest to god I thought I was going to die,couldn't see road or cars in front of you,torrential rain too much for wipers and surface water like a stream splashing up into car.How there wasn't an accident I'll never know.Very scary!

Just so glad plane had already landed before it started!

A really good storm over s12 at the moment, bouncing down with rain lots of thunder and some lightening.

Getting a good show here in S66. Heavy rain lightning and very loud thunder. Very frustrating as I'm trying to sleep.

Got drenched going from my house to the car this morning, the rain was the heaviest I've seen in a long time. Few nice claps of thunder and plenty of lightening too, didn't need an alarm this morning. Got into Sheffield and it's bone dry, Rotherham must have taken the brunt.

I thought we had had an explosion in S11 about 5 a.m.....would have liked to have seen it as well as heard it.