Where has the sun gone? 13/09/2016 Thunderstorms

I'll try and get the missus to send it me to upload

Got out the back door, 3 steps to car - soaked, moved car back under carport to ensure it wouldn't get damaged by hail. 5 steps back inside, even more soaked. Get out of soaking top - rain gone, blue sky.

Weirdest storm ever but VERY impressive.

Never seen anything like it, driving home from Barnsley and had to stop the car on Dodworth road just before M1 jct 37 as visibility was about 2 meters. Hail smashing my car to bits couldn't hear the radio on nearly full and lightning was like a strobe light in a nightclub. Felt like the end of the world!! Sat there for ten minutes and then perfectly clear skies weird, impressive and scary all in one.

Never seen anything like it, driving home from Barnsley and had to stop the car on Dodworth road just before M1 jct 37 as visibility was about 2 meters. Hail smashing my car to bits couldn't hear the radio on nearly full and lightning was like a strobe light in a nightclub. Felt like the end of the world!! Sat there for ten minutes and then perfectly clear skies weird, impressive and scary all in one.

The perfect storm. I get the feeling we will see more of this.

Seriously stunning stuff! I feel lucky to have seen that! The pitch black, hail, rain and then the odd flickering and flashing lightning that went on for well over half an hour..beautiful. loved it.

The star reporting a tornado had formed over Sheffield. They have also released a video..

The star reporting a tornado had formed over Sheffield. They have also released a video..

Do you have a link?

Damn!

This bypassed us in Chesterfield.

It went as dark an night at about 6 pm and we could see lightning in the distance. It then brightened up again.

I love a good storm :)