Woodseats library site

There seems to have been a distinct lack of activity on the site of the demolished library in Woodseats with no sign of the planned new combined library/medical centre due to open next year. Have tried Googling but there's no up to date info about progress. The plans look great, but is it actually going to happen? Anyone know anything about it?

I was thinking the same, it is meant to open 2017 but they haven't even cleared the site to start building yet

Going to be a doctors surgery and library, there is a sign on the fence. Due for completion in 2017.

They are certainty taking their time getting started. I don't know what the delay is. Planning permission seemed to be sorted out ages ago. Surely funding would have been agreed before the project began. I feel sorry for the staff who, presumably, have been temporarily redeployed somewhere else...?

Given the current landline and broadband outage resulting from car crash on The Dale last Friday. the lack of a local library with internet facilities is now very unfortunate.

Looks like work has now started, saw some containers on the site and initial ground prep work has begun, good stuff.

Looks like work has now started, saw some containers on the site and initial ground prep work has begun, good stuff.

Started last week, was stuff happening last monday when I went past!

How is work progressing on the new Library? They must be almost finished now, surely?

Yes, they have been working on it constantly. It's due to open in September I think?

Yes, they have been working on it constantly. It's due to open in September I think?

I went past it last week. Yes, the building seems well on the way to being ready.

Sounds promising... Will have to have a nosey wen I'm down that way. thanks :)

When i was last at my doctors who are moving in there they said they hoped to be in by July