Road Changes on Brook Hill/Western Bank Will Increase Congestion?

The strengthening works on the flyover starts today, hence the new contraflow. Inevitably its causing chaos.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/roadworks-cause-delays-for-motorists-in-sheffield-city-centre-1-8373237

This is completely separate from the University work so its ironic that its started on the day the new crossings were due to go live.

The opening of the wide cycle /pedestrian crossing has now been delayed by 22 weeks to July.

The smaller crossing by the University arms was due to go live yesterday but is still covered up this morning.

It did become operative yesterday and the one at the bottom did become inoperative... so I was a bit surprised when I went in today to find that we'd gone back again. Maybe it didn't work?

I gather the only problem with the big crossing is that there's no power connection to it.

It did become operative yesterday and the one at the bottom did become inoperative... so I was a bit surprised when I went in today to find that we'd gone back again. Maybe it didn't work?

I gather the only problem with the big crossing is that there's no power connection to it.

this is what I received

The crossing in front of the University Arms on Western Bank is due to go live on 5th February 2017. The crossing in front of the Arts Tower will be made live at the same time but will then be covered and out of use for safety reasons during the Amey works. It will be brought into full use from July, once the bridge strengthening works are complete. The crossing at Brook Hill roundabout will be decommissioned once the University Arms crossing is operational.

When I cycle on this road in the afternoon I always seems to come across at least two cars and as many as four cars that stink of cannabis. Being cold its not like they have their windows down either so it must be heaving in the car.

classic manoeuvre last Thursday eveing. Car (well 4x4) came up hounsfield road. Stopped, reversed then decided otherwise so drove up the new cycle way to the crossing thats conned off, turned left, drove up the pavement toward the octagon then drove back onto the A57 at the Brook hill bus stop.