Road Changes on Brook Hill/Western Bank Will Increase Congestion?

What is "better" about creating more traffic congestion and disruption.

I was referring to the University's investment in the city :rolleyes: (kindly reread post 42)

With regards to the disruption to traffic due to work being done in the area - why not wait until the work has actually been finished before bleating about congestion ?

Edited by Daven

University want it and are paying for it.

---------- Post added 06-09-2016 at 21:02 ----------

And they did.

Journey times decreased on Woodseats. Blimey you should on stage with that comment. Biggest joke ever.

As for the changes round University choas already and add to the increased timing on the lights on Hannover way makes getting home a lottery.

Guest sibon

Picked up on Winter St uni building, she said I pick up friend at IC then onto London Road.

Let see some routes from anyone!

Assuming that the friend is able to use one of the 10000000000 pedestrian crosings outside the IC, I'd go straight down Upper Hanover Street to the Eccy Road Roundabout. Right at the roundabout. Nip through Waitrose car park:o and then down to London Road.

My iPhone says that under current traffic conditions, this journey should take appoximately two weeks.

Assuming that the friend is able to use one of the 10000000000 pedestrian crosings outside the IC, I'd go straight down Upper Hanover Street to the Eccy Road Roundabout. Right at the roundabout. Nip through Waitrose car park:o and then down to London Road.

My iPhone says that under current traffic conditions, this journey should take appoximately two weeks.

The customer was a new Chinese student. The destination she showed me on her phone, with a bit of English mixed in re: picking up friend. No chance of arranging dodgy stops on the Upper Hanover St new narrow bit.

Not far off!

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 22:06 ----------

This is the old [green] and new [red] legal routes.

As it happens, I took neither of these, or yours!

Journey times decreased on Woodseats. Blimey you should on stage with that comment. Biggest joke ever.

Woodseats was part of a much larger corridor scheme and journey times did indeed improve along the corridor.

Woodseats was part of a much larger corridor scheme and journey times did indeed improve along the corridor.

Until what happened to reverse the improvement?

I live there and can tell they certainly haven't improved. Your delusion is amazing. When did they do the test midnight Xmas day???

I live there and can tell they certainly haven't improved. Your delusion is amazing. When did they do the test midnight Xmas day???

They probably actually did some monitoring, as opposed to driving along it on occasion, moaning about traffic, whilst being part of that traffic.

What's your suggestion for Woodseats, knock the shops down and make it a dual carriageway?

I laughed a lot when that was suggested. I think most people now avoid Chesterfield Road on a weekend, unless they want to spend an hour sat in traffic. It's appalling.

Not surprising though. This council have no concept about an efficient road network. My 5 year old could do better.

Does anyone know the reason for the being no left turn onto Glossop Road from Upper Hanover Street? - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.380411,-1.4839053,3a,75y,160.06h,83.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSKLPqR9LKRwahRSiCA5AqA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I may be missing something obvious but can't see what issues it would cause being able to turn left here?

Now that you Leavygreave Road is becoming pedestrianised you have a bit of a faff about to get to Fitzwilliam Street for example.

I laughed a lot when that was suggested. I think most people now avoid Chesterfield Road on a weekend, unless they want to spend an hour sat in traffic. It's appalling.

Not surprising though. This council have no concept about an efficient road network. My 5 year old could do better.

Suggestions then? Maybe ask your 5 year old?

i haven't really noticed my (rush-hour) car-journeys around Brookhill roundabout to be any better or worse in recent months. Sometimes bad, sometimes not so much. Weather and school term-time seem to play bigger roles than anything else...

I *have* noticed that the 'extended Gold route' (Leaveygreave Road especially) is already much better for walking and cycling, it's increasingly popular, and it's not finished yet.

As Sheffield continues to grow, we need an increase in transport capacity, we can't free up any significant space for more cars, but only a few small changes will make (and have already made) significant improvements to the walking / cycling routes - and the numbers of people using them.