Road Changes on Brook Hill/Western Bank Will Increase Congestion?

Might I suggest that you all stop being so dependant on your cars?

COuld I also make the point that buses are also available

What about those of us that need travel further afield than the town center?

---------- Post added 23-09-2016 at 22:56 ----------

Why are more pedestrian crossings needed on western bank when western bank itself is built as an elevated flyover that pedestrians can walk under?

Perhaps the university should just remove the major arterial route to and from South West Sheffield and close off Brook Hill and Western Bank to traffic because students can't take a few steps more and walk under the road. After all who does anything else in Sheffield apart from work at the University? I mean its not like we have business to run and a livings to make is it?

Edited by Zaphod

Perhaps the university should just remove the major arterial route to and from South West Sheffield and close off Brook Hill and Western Bank to traffic because students can't take a few steps more and walk under the road.

Wait for it... the first step will be making it one way and then...

Might I suggest that you all stop being so dependant on your cars?

COuld I also make the point that buses are also available

Have you tried riding the 52 bus down the new detour to Glossop Road? Believe me it can be quicker to get off and walk to West Street!

Obviously you are incapable of comprehending irony.

you see the problem with that is that there are people on here who genuinely hold that opinion, so it makes it difficult.

That university is wrong. Its expanding and expanding but why does it all have to be THERE? its causing no end of traffic problems on what is a main arterial route. Why can't it locate things in other parts of the city?

The university seems to be running the city at the moment. Too much power in one organisation for my liking

The university seems to be running the city at the moment. Too much power in one organisation for my liking

I wouldn't say it is running the city, rather that it is the only thing driving the city at the moment. In terms of international reputation, skills base, job creation and income, what competes with it?

They are - but to get to work on public transport takes me over an hour (if I don't have to wait too long each time I change buses) whereas I can drive it in 15 mins.

Buses in Sheffield seem to be routed on the most congested roads in the city

SO might I suggest that you set off earlier?

And could I be so bold as to suggest that you look at the bigger picture?

---------- Post added 24-09-2016 at 22:11 ----------

Might I suggest you get a job closer to home?

Have you tried riding the 52 bus down the new detour to Glossop Road? Believe me it can be quicker to get off and walk to West Street!

Could I suggest that you stop being so negative?

SO might I suggest that you set off earlier?

And could I be so bold as to suggest that you look at the bigger picture?

Might I suggest you get a job closer to home?

Could I suggest that you stop being so negative?

Might I suggest you are a donkey! And thus are not in need of any transport!

The lights at the top of Clarkson Street onto Western Bank seem to stay on green a lot longer now which is good for me !

---------- Post added 25-09-2016 at 09:56 ----------

I wouldn't say it is running the city, rather that it is the only thing driving the city at the moment. In terms of international reputation, skills base, job creation and income, what competes with it?

Very well said !

As usual Sheffielders resisting change of any kind - even when it is for the better :rolleyes:

I just feel so sorry for the people who have to negotiate this mess on a daily basis, not just Brook Hill, but the other stupid schemes in the name of traffic flow.

Penistone Road additional bus lane (for the one bus every 30 minutes or so who use Penistone rd, what was the point of restricting Langsett rd for the sole use of public transport.

Leppings Lane roundabout removed.

Derek Dooley way and the Don Valley Way, all seem interspersed with signals at every minor junction (why is northbound M1 traffic directed to Tinsley, then face queues on the viaduct?.

Woodseats ?

Meadowhall link road (hardly ever used, each time I have observed)

Sheffield council need to get used to the fact that many people have no choice but to use cars to travel throughout the city, I had misfortune to travel from Arbourthorne to Stockbridge on Friday afternoon, a journey of 10 miles taking over 1 hour !.

I am so pleased I do not have to work in Sheffield anymore, the planning department are not living in reality.

I seriously feel investors are put off by these restrictions, and the ability to move around the city with any ease.

It should be the planners job to improve traffic flow and not to restrict it like this, I just dread to think of the situation at J34 of the M1 when Ikea opens

As usual Sheffielders resisting change of any kind - even when it is for the better :rolleyes:

What is "better" about creating more traffic congestion and disruption.

Very well said !

How is the area better for traffic?

All cities have traffic problems, granted, but creating more in a known heavy traffic area isn't something that I call better for the city.

I posted this in post 13 - everyone is the first to slag taxis off in here, yet no one has had a go at this one that I faced the other week, and it quite a common type journey.

Try it! :)