Virgin media issues

I am also in S6 and our internet has gone down however we are not with virgin but BT... the down detector website also stating this is a national problem so could be related to the Virgin issue?

Eta - Hillsborough now - close to the weds ground

I am also in S6 and our internet has gone down however we are not with virgin but BT... the down detector website also stating this is a national problem so could be related to the Virgin issue?

Eta - Hillsborough now - close to the weds ground

Close to the park - on Zen (using the TalkTalk OpenReach vdsl infrastructure -

same as BT) the exchange we are near to is clearly oversubscribed at the moment, we have drop-outs at peak times almost every day now and real slow speeds to boot. The whole infrastructure needs updating asap as no-one is getting quality of service at the moment.

Really annoying!

Had problems in s6 last week. They were going to send engineer but said fault has been found and was being fixed. Been fine for the last few days....

Morning guys,

I spoke to VM yesterday wanted me to get an engineer out. Told them where to go as it was a network fault affecting the whole street and not my connection to the box. Explained to them they need to send someone to the box to take a look. They were having none of it.

So, Next door had VM looking at their system and i asked him whats the crack. Turns out after he spend a hours there, they have been doing work to the main hub for our area and haven't told customers. Everytime they turn the power out for that hub the net drops.

Made sense since the day before the internet was fine after 5pm (After they clock off).

Hope this clears everything up.

I switched from Sky + regretted it :rant internet worse with VM dropping out all time mine cut out for couple of hours I,m in S3

I,m at S3 Netherthorpe + mine cut out too I switched from SKY to save money but I regret it

anybody else seeing rubbish download speeds with virgin media

just switched over from there 70mb line to vivid 200mb self install package

with the super hub 3.0

ive used about 3 diffrent speed checkers at diffrent times of day on wifi and ethernet

peak time/early morning/late night/ ect ect..

never hit anything over 40mb in some cases my upload speed as gone higher than download speed lol

---------- Post added 11-09-2017 at 07:57 ----------

this is latest test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6613902958

I've never been a fan of the speed sites.

I tend to go for a big download from a major company and check the speed that way.

You could try Windows 10 download from Microsoft just to see if anything changes.

Anyone else having issues cheers zach

Be aware of a PHONE SCAM, friendly person rings up, saying they will upgrade your VM account, they ask for you to confirm details and password for DATA Protection, NOTE they already have your NAME, that your a VM user, this is a scam preying on older people, they then go on to say......discuss account needs, this seems so natural, I said you rang me you have my details, I said confirm how long have I been with VM, the person said since 2006 (a wrong answer), but I played along, now being suspicious, I said I did not wish to upgrade my account currently, politely thanking for CALL.

Next I contacted VM to find my account had NOT been prior accessed that day!!!!!!!...

PLEASE BE WARY .....everyone!

anybody else seeing rubbish download speeds with virgin media

just switched over from there 70mb line to vivid 200mb self install package

with the super hub 3.0

ive used about 3 diffrent speed checkers at diffrent times of day on wifi and ethernet

peak time/early morning/late night/ ect ect..

never hit anything over 40mb in some cases my upload speed as gone higher than download speed lol

---------- Post added 11-09-2017 at 07:57 ----------

this is latest test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6613902958

I would only ever trust tests via Ethernet for a start (I know you said you do that any way) - but I mean don't even bother with wifi..

Secondly, your upload is about right for the 200mb package, so I could suggest firstly checking there's nothing downloading in the background, any windows updates, iplayer/netflix/all4 and similar apps, any gaming software such as steam etc, blah blah...)

If you have checked all that, and you're the only machine using the connection at the time, and you're still getting slow speeds, then your only option is to call virgin, and they'll sort it out... always been excellent on the rare occasion I have had an issue..