Virgin media issues

Have a butchers here https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/packages

I'd say that speeds always vary but if you have a decent line and go for a fibre (FTTC / VDSL) mid range package you'll generally get about 30Mbps. Or at least that's what I'm getting from Vodafone at S5 8RN

No one ever gets 76Mbps, Even if you lived across the road from the exchange and it was fibre to exchange I doubt you'd get the full 76Mbps over twisted copper pair.

Thanks for that :)

Yeah I know, I would be happy with 20mbps as long as it was constant.

I've been advised to go and have a chat to the Sky guys in Meadowhall.

Thanks again.

Had problems in S12 in September, told new line being implemented on 14th and my speed upgrade to 70mbps by end of September, got an unexpected £7.50 goodwill deduction off my last bill but my speed upgrade has moved to end of November. Not sure if the goodwill gesture is for the faults, the postponement of the speed uplift or both.

Not sure if the goodwill gesture is for the faults, the postponement of the speed uplift or both.

It's to prevent you from taking further action. By accepting the goodwill gesture you're acknowledging that you are satisfied with the level of service they're providing to you.

If you were to reject the goodwill offer and say that it's no longer acceptable due to the dates of the proposed fix being delayed then you would be entitled to refer the complaint to an independent mediation organisation.

My target fix date of September 2014 was extended to October 2014, November 2014, December 2014, January 2015 and April 2015 all of which were missed.

If you are unhappy with the result of the complaint then you can tell Virgin Media it isn't good enough and then contact the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)

No one ever gets 76Mbps, Even if you lived across the road from the exchange and it was fibre to exchange I doubt you'd get the full 76Mbps over twisted copper pair.

I happily get 76 Mbps with Plusnet Fibre and have since it was installed a few years ago; I'm 1.5 miles from the exchange, but the street cabinet is pretty close (and that's the important bit).

For anyone that's interested there's a petition that has been started against Virgin Media. It's goal is to make Virgin Media (and others) respect the fixed terms of contracts.

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/stop-virgin-media-dodgy-trading-practices

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stopvirginmedia

For anyone that's interested there's a petition that has been started against Virgin Media.

Signed, it's bonkers what they're doing.

You realise that the fixed term contracts include a clause to allow for price increases during the term?

You realise that the fixed term contracts include a clause to allow for price increases during the term?

Chuck Norris would sign the petition :hihi:

Have a butchers here https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/packages

I'd say that speeds always vary but if you have a decent line and go for a fibre (FTTC / VDSL) mid range package you'll generally get about 30Mbps. Or at least that's what I'm getting from Vodafone at S5 8RN

I used to get 76Mbps in Leeds, although the cabinet was at the base of my pole. So perhaps ten meters from pole to my wall plus the height coming up and down.

Then I moved. At new place we were hitting 45Mb with a 400 meter copper run which I though was reasonable enough

Yes, I think that's one of the points of the petition. Although my main gripe is with the poor speeds and customer service I'm quite happy to sign it. Anything that can bring VM some bad publicity or forewarn anyone about VM's appalling service is fine by me.

Interesting to note that people actually believe that Richard Branson has anything to do with Virgin media at all. To clarity NTL/TELEWEST pay Virgin to use the Virgin name.

Interesting to note that people actually believe that Richard Branson has anything to do with Virgin media at all. To clarity NTL/TELEWEST pay Virgin to use the Virgin name.

I think Liberty Global pay Branson about £10 mil a year for the privilege of using the name and he has about £6 million in shares of VM too.