Phlegm mural on the City Kennels

Hi

Went past a few days ago and noticed that the Phlegm mural on the wall of the dogs kennels has been covered over by a green piece of artwork. I will miss the original - anyone know why it was painted over?

No idea and quite sad to see it go. Last time I passed by the wall was being painted white. Has it been painted further?

A goddam awful shades of green affair with the initials 'SHF' in the middle.... awful and to think the council complained about a union flag being painted on the front of a lot smaller shop on Devonshire Green.

A goddam awful shades of green affair with the initials 'SHF' in the middle.... awful and to think the council complained about a union flag being painted on the front of a lot smaller shop on Devonshire Green.

they change it every few years oh and the union flag was painted on a listed building which is illegal but you knew that

Guest makapaka

Looks cool I think. The old phlegm one was looking tired as well

I remember it being there for at least 10 years.

Guest makapaka

Like phlegms work but that particular one looked tired and a bit sad to me.

they change it every few years oh and the union flag was painted on a listed building which is illegal but you knew that

it was unsightly but it was painted on his door and window frame as I recall.

As for phlegm I don't understand why he has to come to Sheffield to do graffiti, apparently he only lived in the city a few years and is back on his native Isle of Wight, so I'm informed. All he seems to paint are snakes and Trees .. What's that about

Edited by WestTinsley

As for phlegm I don't understand why he has to come to Sheffield to do graffiti, apparently he only lived in the city a few years and is back on his native Isle of Wight, so I'm informed. All he seems to paint are snakes and Trees .. What's that about

I saw him in Sheffield painting last year

What I don't understand is why musicians go around twanging their instruments and singing at people in places that they have no connection with

What I don't understand is why musicians go around twanging their instruments and singing at people in places that they have no connection with

In no way comparable with graffiti.

I passed this today, I think it's great. It's quite trippy, if you look at a fixed point on it as you walk past it starts messing with your perception in a Bridget Riley-esque way. It's a shame it's not somewhere that you could get a less restricted view of it.