Preachers at my door

JWs knocked on my door a few days ago, two women with a small child in tow.

I just closed the door without saying anything.

Whereas a few years ago I had a visit from them on Christmas Day !! I shall leave it to your imagination what I said to them.......... :rant:

Using children to help propagate cultish beliefs should really be illegal.

Because historically they have been. There is not a debate about that. I just wondered if they still were, and presuming they aren't, why they think God changed his mind..

I do not like any organised religion, but simply highlighting the fact that JW's have changed their views is not really fair when it is evident that most, at least christian denominations, have adjusted their beliefs to 'fit in' with the modern world. Only idiots want to remain in the 7th century although in my opinin only idiots need other men to tell them what to or not to believe.

Nobody knows the exact date of Armageddon, the Bible clearly shows this , we only know the last days from the signs of world conditions .

Mr 13:32“Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.

I have provided a direct link to explain this , the whole Bible study aid can be downloaded for free from our website to your computer etc .

You can even request a free home Bible study on our website at a time to suit you .

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/are-we-living-in-the-last-days/

Full website. http://WWW.JW.ORG

Ive no interest at all in the ramblings of your sky pixie or it's followers.

I do not like any organised religion, but simply highlighting the fact that JW's have changed their views is not really fair when it is evident that most, at least christian denominations, have adjusted their beliefs to 'fit in' with the modern world. Only idiots want to remain in the 7th century although in my opinin only idiots need other men to tell them what to or not to believe.

Why is it not fair? I'm not saying JW's are alone in this respect. I agree that most adherents of other religions have left behind the more barbaric beliefs, but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve scrutiny or criticism. This thread is about JW's, so I felt it was a good opportunity to ask the question.

Why is it not fair? I'm not saying JW's are alone in this respect. I agree that most adherents of other religions have left behind the more barbaric beliefs, but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve scrutiny or criticism. This thread is about JW's, so I felt it was a good opportunity to ask the question.

Fair point ?

As we have been given links to the Jehovah's Witnesses website I think it is only fair that a website for people who have been controlled and abused by the church is also posted..

https://jwvictims.org

JWs knocked on my door a few days ago, two women with a small child in tow.

I just closed the door without saying anything.

Whereas a few years ago I had a visit from them on Christmas Day !! I shall leave it to your imagination what I said to them.......... :rant:

Perhaps you could display some better manners next time.

Well we all have our differing opinions and I agree they can be an almighty nuisance but as far as I'm aware JW's have never gone to war, bombed or beheaded anyone so if I have to be bothered by religionist then a knock on the door a couple of times a year isn't really so bad.

Well we all have our differing opinions and I agree they can be an almighty nuisance but as far as I'm aware JW's have never gone to war, bombed or beheaded anyone so if I have to be bothered by religionist then a knock on the door a couple of times a year isn't really so bad.

I find it frustrating that people cannot just politely decline any offer to discuss religion with somebody calling at their door. Some posters on here seem to take great pride in being rude and ill-mannered to others.

Perhaps you could display some better manners next time.

WHY ?

When they stop pestering me... especially on CHRISTMAS DAY then I will !!!!! :loopy:

I find it frustrating that people cannot just politely decline any offer to discuss religion with somebody calling at their door. Some posters on here seem to take great pride in being rude and ill-mannered to others.

If you are walking past a gate and a door to discuss something with people that don't want to share your belief (otherwise they would be a member of your church) then that act in itself is rude. When they wont leave, or worse still keep coming back then more permanent means are to be encouraged.

Compare the actions of the JW who don't take no for an answer, and the Mormons who were perfectly polite, left when I said I wasn't interested and never came back - they have come to the street, consulted the do not knock list and just carry on past now...