Preachers at my door

As soon as I saw the smart dressed people walk past my window i knew who it was ,my own personal view is let people believe in what ever they want ,

But normally I would just say no and close the door ,, but this time they put a small child in front of them with a leaflet about 7/8 years old telling me all the

Talk they say ,I think this is so wrong what's up with these people putting kids there so you don't slam the door on them it's so sad

If they were knocking on door at that time I wouldn't be polite.

If they're Jehovah's witnesses then isn't part of their beliefs that they need to 'convert' someone in order to be able to get entry to heaven??

Which is why they're out door-to-door all the time, desperate to get someone converted otherwise they're not getting into the big party in the sky???

I'd love to know how many converts they actually get with their cold calling.

Not many, all the ones I've seen are old people.

I hope they've not been at it their whole life, that'd be a real kick in the teeth when you get to old age!

If they're Jehovah's witnesses then isn't part of their beliefs that they need to 'convert' someone in order to be able to get entry to heaven??

Which is why they're out door-to-door all the time, desperate to get someone converted otherwise they're not getting into the big party in the sky???

Doesn't that mean it's a pyramid/ponzi scheme?

What happens when 50.1% of us are Jehovah's Witnesses?

As soon as I saw the smart dressed people walk past my window i knew who it was ,my own personal view is let people believe in what ever they want ,

But normally I would just say no and close the door ,, but this time they put a small child in front of them with a leaflet about 7/8 years old telling me all the

Talk they say ,I think this is so wrong what's up with these people putting kids there so you don't slam the door on them it's so sad

:huh:

Kid or not, i'd have still slammed the door on them!

:huh:

Kid or not, i'd have still slammed the door on them!

Require them to leave first. Once they don't move after you've told them to you can start pushing them up the path. It's not my fault if they fall into the compost heap/fishpond/septic tank/log barker etc...

Require them to leave first. Once they don't move after you've told them to you can start pushing them up the path. It's not my fault if they fall into the compost heap/fishpond/septic tank/log barker etc...

Tell me more.......

You feed a knobbly tree branch/TV licence collector/JW/mother in law into the barker and you get a perfectly smooth straight log out the far end.

Really big ones have a saw at the end to enable planks as well.

Apparantly Mr S Hussein had one for people who used to annoy him and knock on his door.

I think though unless you have a small stand of trees at the end of the garden then you'd have trouble claiming you actually needed one as political and religious re-education/indoctrination isn't an approved manufacturers use for them.

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 11:46 ----------

All ribald comments aside - if you really want to be rid of the JW's then just tell them you are a disfellowshipped apostate who moved into the area and you wont see them for dust...

(disfellowshipped - has been removed from JW society but can be readmitted)

(apostate - has been declared effectively as an unperson by the higher ranks of JW's and cannot be redeemed so they wont waste any time on you)

If you tell them this whilst holding a big carving knife or answer the door in your underpants or similar etc it works very well...

Just put a give blood sticker on your front door and they leave you alone.

I'd love to know how many converts they actually get with their cold calling.

The exact number worldwide for the year 2015 was 260,273 who became baptised as Jehovah's Witnesses .