Fishing Rod Repair

Did something pretty stupid last weekend and trapped one of my fishing rods in the car door. It has squashed the end of the handle section where the top section connects to it.

Just wondering if any one knew of any way to fix it. I'ts not the most expensive rod in the world however don't really want to have to fork out for another one.

Cheers

Ben

Give Open Water Angling Centre a call

Address: 50 Mansfield Rd, Clipstone, Mansfield NG21 9EQ

Phone: 01623 627422

What rod is it

yes say what rod it is i have a dozen rods and may be able to fix you up if o.a. p. :hihi:

Hi

I fell on to my rod bag a few years ago in the shed and heard a 'crack', I just knew it wasn't going to be the cheap feeder rod in there, It was my Daiwa 13' Whisker Kevlar float rod, A clean snap of the centre section :(

I've repaired rods years ago by cutting old rods up to make a spigot then aralditing the parts and whipping over them but for the life of me I can't find anything with the same rate of taper to fit this rod :rolleyes:

I almost chucked a piece of aluminium up in my lathe to turn a piece!!

Ah well! I bought another off ebay but it has a heavy rubber handle compared to mine :huh:

Edit- Just got the rod out, It was the handle part that broke!!

Biggsy :)

Edited by biggsy

Hi biggsy,

Hope I have got this right! as your post seems somewhat random!?, but if it is a repair you are seeking then I would suggest Dawson's on Holme Lane, Hillsborough.

Hope this helps!!. :thumbsup:

Hi biggsy,

Hope I have got this right! as your post seems somewhat random!?, but if it is a repair you are seeking then I would suggest Dawson's on Holme Lane, Hillsborough.

Hope this helps!!. :thumbsup:

Cheers Deak

Yup, I would like to get it fixed, I'll pop down in the new year, Thanks :thumbsup:

Biggsy :)