Help with housing/council tax

If it's for one child that does not live with you, and you have no children at home also, you are paying too much. You should pay no more than £17 per week.

I know I should pay £17 but they say I owe debt of £132 or something, I rung them and they don't know where this debt come from, neither do I as I've never missed a payment.

My daughter who I pay for is 18 and works part time, and 2 days college which is classed as full time :loopy:

I hope you can get some help from somewhere, but I know people trying to live on as little as this and their only help is a food bank, which, after a few weeks will no longer give you food but will direct you to a benefits advisor.

People don't realise this sort of thing is happening in the UK.

Well hopefully you'll find something that you like and offers 40 hours a week, even on min wage you should have around £1112 after tax which leaves you in a much better position.[/quote

How you work this out? £1152 before tax.]

---------- Post added 31-08-2016 at 14:25 ----------

I hope you can get some help from somewhere, but I know people trying to live on as little as this and their only help is a food bank, which, after a few weeks will no longer give you food but will direct you to a benefits advisor.

Thank you.

Make the wrong life choices and people can fall on hard times anywhere/anytime.

I was skint for a few years when I had wife issues.

Go and see CAB for a full benefits check.

If you go to the CAB take all your paperwork.....pay slips, council tax bill, details of the tax you pay and proof of your child support.

All in neat sorted order.

(When I was an adviser my heart sank when a client walked in with carrier bag full of papers, all jumbled up.)

It took ages to read and sort them before any solution/advice could be given.

Then they can calculate what benefits you might get and what your outgoings should be.

I know I should pay £17 but they say I owe debt of £132 or something, I rung them and they don't know where this debt come from, neither do I as I've never missed a payment.

My daughter who I pay for is 18 and works part time, and 2 days college which is classed as full time :loopy:

Unless they can prove where the debt has been accrued they cannot enforce it. They are not legally allowed to harass you for a debt that has no proof. Write to them and tell them you will continue to pay them the correct amount until such time as you have proof of the debt by way of a full breakdown of the account. If you pay by direct debit, change it to a Standing Order to the same account. You wont get into any more debt and you can limit what you pay them. You can also then control how much extra you pay if the debt is correct. The CSA try to claw back any outstanding debt in 2 years, so all you need to pay extra is £1.27 per week. They cannot refuse it and cannot make you pay more.

These people may be able to help you: https://www.nacsa.co.uk/

They charge in order to operate but its not expensive.

Do not allow yourself to be bullied by the CSA.

Unless they can prove where the debt has been accrued they cannot enforce it. They are not legally allowed to harass you for a debt that has no proof. Write to them and tell them you will continue to pay them the correct amount until such time as you have proof of the debt by way of a full breakdown of the account. If you pay by direct debit, change it to a Standing Order to the same account. You wont get into any more debt and you can limit what you pay them. You can also then control how much extra you pay if the debt is correct. The CSA try to claw back any outstanding debt in 2 years, so all you need to pay extra is £1.27 per week. They cannot refuse it and cannot make you pay more.

These people may be able to help you: https://www.nacsa.co.uk/

They charge in order to operate but its not expensive.

Do not allow yourself to be bullied by the CSA.

I can never win an argument with them, I've just learned to shut up and do as I'm told.

Thanks anyway.

I can never win an argument with them, I've just learned to shut up and do as I'm told.

Thanks anyway.

Dude just go for a full benefits check and let someone who knows the rules make the calculations for you. Take the advice of favyboy and take any relevant docs with you as well. You will need to see a specialust imo or at leats make them aware there are child payments and some debts involved as well.

Dude just go for a full benefits check and let someone who knows the rules make the calculations for you. Take the advice of favyboy and take any relevant docs with you as well. You will need to see a specialust imo or at leats make them aware there are child payments and some debts involved as well.

Will do cheers pal

Thanks anyway.

Don't.

You have to fight for everything these days, especially benefits.

Benefits, like tax, is now so complicated nobody seems to know how to calculate it correctly. Ask two people working in the same building and they will come up with different answers. They also seem to delight in messing people around so much they eventually give up. Saves them a few bob. If you are entitled to it, stick it out until you get it, no matter how many hoops you have to jump through.

Better luck for the future.