The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Why do you put so much trust in Jeremy to run the country ?

This is a good question, and I would like to see it answered in absolute terms rather than relative ones: examples of his merits rather than reasons why he would be better than May... the latter would be no argument since a dose of dysentery would run the country better than May.

Just been on the news , May is still in power and after all this, time reading all these threads you would have thought Jeremy was leading the country

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 22:20 ----------

nice ,intellectual response

Thank you.

Oh right. So the election results are all fake are they?

Sorry everyone. I stand corrected. JNewton has educated me.

Corbyn won. He is the prime minster. Everyone in the nation loves him. He is the saviour of this country and we are all going to live in a wonderful fair and equal utopia filled with fairy dust and pots of gold.

My bad.

don't let this idiot get to you , as I said before , comes on makes stupid statements , answers no questions and disappears

Oh right. So the election results are all fake are they?

Sorry everyone. I stand corrected. JNewton has educated me.

Corbyn won. He is the prime minster. Everyone in the nation loves him. He is the saviour of this country and we are all going to live in a wonderful fair and equal utopia filled with fairy dust and pots of gold.

My bad.

Thank you for the compliment but try not to be so grumpy.

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 22:32 ----------

don't let this idiot get to you , as I said before , comes on makes stupid statements , answers no questions and disappears

That's nice, are you trying to upset me?

Thank you for the compliment but try not to be so grumpy.

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 22:32 ----------

That's nice, are you trying to upset me?

as I said before , complete waste of time

Edited by JNewton69

How does it? Are you blind to what happened exactly one month ago.

Despite his surge in popularity and his alleged increasing supporters (a lot of which is fuelled by faux celebrity endorsements and horse crap undeliverable policy soundbites in any event), when it came to the polls and population had their say Corbyn fell short of a majority by 64 seats and lagged behind the tories by 56 seats.

I have said earlier that we all agree that May took a battering but irrelevent of that Corbyn failed to deliver even when going up against supposedly the worst PM and Government in decades. If he cant beat that, what hope would he have against a more popular Tory face and during a brighter period for the nation.

I have said before. He still has a huge mountain to climb and preaching to his disciples is not going to change that position.

Unless something dramatic happens (even May being ousted as leader....which will just be replaced with another Tory) the next scheduled election will be May 2022.

Lets see if Corbynmania can last another 5 years.

You've got to take your head out of the sand. May has destroyed the Tory's standings with the public. She has also unintentionally caused the start of the dismantling of the twin Tory pillars of austerity and extreme Brexit. That is a disaster for the Tories. They have no policy on the shelf to replace that and are scratching around for popular policies. They are badly out of touch with the under 50s.

There is every chance something dramatic will happen. In fact it seems certain. May makes mistake after mistake, and each mistake damages the party further.

They are badly out of touch with the under 50s.

Fixed that for you...

....the truth is May is the prime minister and Jeremy is not.....

Just been on the news , May is still in power and after all this, time reading all these threads you would have thought Jeremy was leading the country

Now there's irony.

"Theresa May asks Jeremy Corbyn to help deliver Brexit and support her policies amid Tory leadership plots".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/09/theresa-may-asks-jeremy-corbyn-help-deliver-brexit-support-policies/

Vote Theresa, Get Jeremy - the new leader of the Tory Party.

Edited by LeMaquis

<...> Are you blind to what happened exactly one month ago.

Despite his surge in popularity and his alleged increasing supporters (a lot of which is fuelled by faux celebrity endorsements and horse crap undeliverable policy soundbites in any event), when it came to the polls and population had their say Corbyn fell short of a majority by 64 seats and lagged behind the tories by 56 seats.

I have said earlier that we all agree that May took a battering but irrelevent of that Corbyn failed to deliver even when going up against supposedly the worst PM and Government in decades. <...>

An aspect you've perhaps conveniently left out however, is that until the GE campaign started, whence MSM had to respect parity of reporting across the parties, Corbyn had not had the benefit of pushing his messages in the clear.

Now, we can certainly attack his policies on their viability, his duplicity about Brexit, his choice of inner circle types (Abbot, Mc Donnell, etc.) and more.

But IMHO it'd be pretty short-sighted to write the man off, when what he's achieved is arguably on the back of 5-ish weeks of campaigning (moreover, beset by as much dog whistling from the right as the referendum campaign was), not a year and a half of party leadership.

There is every chance something dramatic will happen. <...>
Like David Davis getting the PM gig. That'd do it.

Now there's irony.

"Theresa May asks Jeremy Corbyn to help deliver Brexit and support her policies amid Tory leadership plots".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/09/theresa-may-asks-jeremy-corbyn-help-deliver-brexit-support-policies/

Vote Theresa, Get Jeremy - the new leader of the Tory Party.

I don't believe there's one atom of shame or integrity in her: any and all means whatsoever, down to an ad hoc 'alliance' with Corbyn, to her end of clinging to No.10.

If it looks like desperation, walks like desperation, sounds like desperation <...>: the Tories' night of the long knives isn't for long now ;)

Edited by L00b

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/jul/23/jeremy-corbyn-denies-promising-to-wipe-student-debts

No lies. No flipping flopping. No U turn. He didn't even change his mind.

What actually happened is we all got the wrong end of the stick. Silly us! Sorry Great Leader!!

Very sportingly the Guardian hasn't opened up that article to opinions because no one needs to have a say on key election promises ideas.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/jul/23/jeremy-corbyn-denies-promising-to-wipe-student-debts

No lies. No flipping flopping. No U turn. He didn't even change his mind.

What actually happened is we all got the wrong end of the stick. Silly us! Sorry Great Leader!!

Very sportingly the Guardian hasn't opened up that article to opinions because no one needs to have a say on key election promises ideas.

Yes you're right the Guardian is well known for its pro-Corbyn, pro Labour bias.

Meanwhile back at coalition of chaos HQ

---------- Post added 24-07-2017 at 07:35 ----------

An aspect you've perhaps conveniently left out however, is that until the GE campaign started, whence MSM had to respect parity of reporting across the parties, Corbyn had not had the benefit of pushing his messages in the clear.

Now, we can certainly attack his policies on their viability, his duplicity about Brexit, his choice of inner circle types (Abbot, Mc Donnell, etc.) and more.

But IMHO it'd be pretty short-sighted to write the man off, when what he's achieved is arguably on the back of 5-ish weeks of campaigning (moreover, beset by as much dog whistling from the right as the referendum campaign was), not a year and a half of party leadership.

Like David Davis getting the PM gig. That'd do it.

I don't believe there's one atom of shame or integrity in her: any and all means whatsoever, down to an ad hoc 'alliance' with Corbyn, to her end of clinging to No.10.

If it looks like desperation, walks like desperation, sounds like desperation <...>: the Tories' night of the long knives isn't for long now ;)

Interesting isn't it, when she was in her former roles she kept her head down and ploughed on with apparent vigour "to get the job done". Yet after her elevation to the top slot it's apparent that she's not suited to leadership, humourless, thin skinned, anxious, only comfortable issuing instructions that her position power gives her, and seemingly incapable of thinking "out of the box".

No wonder her advisors wouldn't allow her to debate in any shape or form with Corbyn.

She reminds me of Gordon Brown whose ambition powered him to the top only to be found out as lacking in the human traits necessary to perform well.