Opening a museum

:hihi:

Wouldn't Elsecar Heritage centre be a more logical location? It already has a lot of footfall and other vintage stuff as well as other small businesses.

Prob not big enough to accomodate the expected crowds needed to make this viiable. Elsecar Heritage centre sells stuff this project is relying on admitiion fees. :hihi: The ammount. of traffic will be horendous for a small place like Elsecar like an ikea opening up :hihi:

Edited by spider1

I see no reason why you shouldn't combine a Princess Dianna wing with the the Rolling pin museum. In a museum mash up. I am not one to spend £10+ per person on a rolling pin museum, but with a Royal wing added on. I would certainly be paying up. I would also be very interested in purchasing rolling pin that prints a portrait of Lady Di in the pastry. If you could sell one for under £20 you are onto a winner.

I see no reason why you shouldn't combine a Princess Dianna wing with the the Rolling pin museum. In a museum mash up. I am not one to spend £10+ per person on a rolling pin museum, but with a Royal wing added on. I would certainly be paying up. I would also be very interested in purchasing rolling pin that prints a portrait of Lady Di in the pastry. If you could sell one for under £20 you are onto a winner.

Would you like to say which area it aught to open in .Prob on the tram route to make it easy for the masses to get there. Be like Hillsborough on a match day. Some road signs would also help people out of town etc . :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Would you like to say which area it aught to open in .Prob on the tram route to make it easy for the masses to get there. Be like Hillsborough on a match day. Some road signs would also help people out of town etc . :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Oh no I definitely disagree. I would suggest somewhere like Castleton. You are in a pretty little village with quaint shops and pubs and then you chance upon the Royal rolling pin museum. Well yes you are intrigued, it has of course just started raining and you are already well fed, so naturally you have to go in and have a look. It would be amazing. Sure you will attract people to the area who will holiday there specifically to spend the weekend in the Lady Di wing amd with the potato mashers but you will also get massive passing trade every day it rains which is about 70% of the time in Castleton.

i cant believe people are still biting??:hihi::hihi: really lady Di with a rolling pin pic???:loopy::loopy:

Oh ye of little faith...... Link

Oh no I definitely disagree. I would suggest somewhere like Castleton. You are in a pretty little village with quaint shops and pubs and then you chance upon the Royal rolling pin museum. Well yes you are intrigued, it has of course just started raining and you are already well fed, so naturally you have to go in and have a look. It would be amazing. Sure you will attract people to the area who will holiday there specifically to spend the weekend in the Lady Di wing amd with the potato mashers but you will also get massive passing trade every day it rains which is about 70% of the time in Castleton.

And were are you going to park all the coaches etc :hihi::hihi:

And were are you going to park all the coaches etc :hihi::hihi:

Google maps castleton car park, then click on street view and you will see that the car park already has 5 or 6 coaches parked in it and provision for more.

I've always fancied opening Corkscrew World - a look at corkscrews down the ages, but finding the right site in Goldthorpe is the problem.

I've always fancied opening Corkscrew World - a look at corkscrews down the ages, but finding the right site in Goldthorpe is the problem.

Hi not sure if you are genuine or if you are mocking me.

But if you are genuine I think Thurnscoe would be better.

If you would like to discuss ideas and research I've done we could meet up ...pm me....I would be happy to co promote our ideas.

This is a great idea to open a Rolling Pin Museum!

Throughout the ages the rolling pin has been used on many occasions as a murder weapon, mostly by women to murder their partners but also by men for the same end!

There could be a section of this museum devoted to this aspect with details of the case including the judges winding up!

Even now this still happens take http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/tamworth-tina-montgomery-killer-jailed-9596582 for example. A sad story, but nonetheless of some interest to the visitor to Thorpe Hesleys Rolling Pin Museum.

Hi not sure if you are genuine or if you are mocking me.

But if you are genuine I think Thurnscoe would be better.

If you would like to discuss ideas and research I've done we could meet up ...pm me....I would be happy to co promote our ideas.

I'm totally genuine. It's long been a dream of mine, but I will give due consideration to your suggestion of Thurnscoe as a venue, it's certainly a fantastic place with a great vibe.

Thurnscoe has a train Station so you could try and link up with northern rail to to do a train ticket plus entry deal. Similar to some of the London attractions.

That what I intend to set up at my site in Thorpe hesley....train stations of chapeltown elsecar on doorstep!