Opening a museum

:o

Wow... and to think that some people on here thought that this was a half-baked idea!

At those prices you'll soon be rolling in dough! ;)

Perhaps that is what everybody who questioned missed. An average 200 visitors @ £10 per day is £2000 a day. X 7 is £14000. X 50 weeks is £700,000 as a rough turnover.

Of course I would like to get vouchers out there for families through the likes of whitworths and homepride etc

Please can we keep the thread to the museum. PM the person if you are concerned. Thank you for your input

I'm most definitely not concerned and there's no need to thank me..

Good luck with the rolling pin museum or whatever it is :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go with the Princess Diana idea though, it would be a complete car crash!!

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

I'm most definitely not concerned and there's no need to thank me..

Good luck with the rolling pin museum or whatever it is :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go with the Princess Diana idea though, it would be a complete car crash!!

It's not like she's had any real connection to Sheffield like she connected to parts of Paris.

That said if you can find any pictures of the princess of Wales holding a rolling pin that would surely be the Jewel in the crown of any collection.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

That said if you can find any pictures of the princess of Wales holding a rolling pin that would surely be the Jewel in the crown of any collection.

Hi. Thank you for your interest. Would you be interested in meeting to share ideas or getting on board in some way?

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 23:12 ----------

Off to Devon next week.

Hope to spend a couple of days looking around barometer world museum.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g551651-d566497-Reviews-Barometer_World-Okehampton_Dartmoor_National_Park_Devon_England.html

Hopefully I can pick a few brains.

Advice on advertising to attract schools and families. Can anyone in here advise?

I have a few slogans for leaflets etc

Roll up to rolling pins rock

Have a mashing time.

You can't beat whisk world.

Wooden spoon annex you'll regret not having visited s(p)ooner.

But how to get messages like these to my target domains.

I have read lots about social media but facebook doesn't allow advertising.

Just also to say the pencil museum is bloody brilliant. When I went with my kids to the lakes we visited 4 times in 10 days!

Just to re bump this. can anyone advise on this area? I am concerned with the amount of off topic discussion. Its the advertising to target audience I need support with.

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 23:14 ----------

I can tell you have given this some serious thought and must have fully costed business plan for both options. Can I recomend you talk to a couple of local museums like Darfield Area Amenity Society, http://www.darfield.btck.co.uk and Experience Barnsley, http://www.experience-barnsley.com

Blackbeard..can you advise on named contacts or help me network?

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

Hi. Thank you for your interest. Would you be interested in meeting to share ideas or getting on board in some way?

Just to re bump this. can anyone advise on this area? I am concerned with the amount of off topic discussion. Its the advertising to target audience I need support with.

Im over committed as it is unfortunately but I did find this.

http://www.chinaspecialties.com/china_rolling_pins.htm

GOLD.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

You could try emailing the local village museums in our area, they are a friendly bunch but you could be seen as a rival to their dominance in the rolling pin sector. There is a relatively small but very interesting collection in London that you could research http://www.horniman.ac.uk/collections/browse-our-collections/authority/term/identifier/term-503033 and the Boston museum of fine art in the USA has an intesting collection but as I noticed last year on my visit not every thing is on display.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

You could try emailing the local village museums in our area, they are a friendly bunch but you could be seen as a rival to their dominance in the rolling pin sector. There is a relatively small but very interesting collection in London that you could research http://www.horniman.ac.uk/collections/browse-our-collections/authority/term/identifier/term-503033 and the Boston museum of fine art in the USA has an intesting collection but as I noticed last year on my visit not every thing is on display.

Hi. Thank you for your interest. Would you be interested in meeting to share ideas or getting on board in some way? Backbeard :hihi:

Yes and every one who thinks its a great idea why dont you put a few thousand in// Dont miss your chance tight wads :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by nikki-red

i cant believe people are still biting??:hihi::hihi: really lady Di with a rolling pin pic???:loopy::loopy:

After an excellent time in Devon exploring cricklepit mill, barometer world and many more excellent attractions I have come the the conclusion to open the museum of culinary instrumentation in Thorpe Hesley.

The more I thought about it while away the more it made sense. I am going with my heart. You regret the things you don't do, not the things you do.

Advice on advertising and footfall by pm has been appreciated and I also have one potential partner who I am having further talks with next week as a result of SF.

Input still appreciated. I will keep those interested posted with developments.

This is going to do an awful lot to build Rotherham as a tourist attraction for those who come to meadowhall and the arena etc.

After an excellent time in Devon exploring cricklepit mill, barometer world and many more excellent attractions I have come the the conclusion to open the museum of culinary instrumentation in Thorpe Hesley.

The more I thought about it while away the more it made sense. I am going with my heart. You regret the things you don't do, not the things you do.

Advice on advertising and footfall by pm has been appreciated and I also have one potential partner who I am having further talks with next week as a result of SF.

This is going to do an awful lot to build Rotherham as a tourist attraction for those who come to meadowhall and the arena etc.

Thorpe Hesley!!!!:loopy::loopy: why not rawmarsh?? Blackburn Meadows:thumbsup:

Thorpe Hesley!!!!:loopy::loopy: why not rawmarsh?? Blackburn Meadows:thumbsup:

Yes Blackburn Meadows good choice M1 nearby . Might invest a few thousand myself dont want to miss out on a good thing . Money will soon be rolling pin in . :hihi::hihi:

Edited by spider1

Wouldn't Elsecar Heritage centre be a more logical location? It already has a lot of footfall and other vintage stuff as well as other small businesses.