What's your thoughts so far?

both clubs have nowt to shout about, but there is an old saying your only as good as your last game.

I BUMPED IN TO AN OLD SITE MEMBER AT A GIG TONIGHT, some oldermembers will remember Alex, we chewed the fat, with fellow sheffield supporters, yes from both devides, the banter was livley, with no offence taken, we Blades accepted we had no "STARS",in a poor division but 20,000 gates at this level and bottom o the league was well silly:) we took all the stick,(over a few drinks) then the loyalty issue went beyond fans loyalty....to players loyalty, well every one there Owls ,Blades and a Mansfield fan .

Were peed off with the player who refused to play or their team, how many here feel the same... would you have a team of average players at the expence of want away players?

Were peed off with the player who refused to play or their team, how many here feel the same... would you have a team of average players at the expence of want away players?

In my book, any player who refuses to play is in breach of contract and should be shown the door immediately.

I would guess that bringing in a highly paid player would unsettle (and alienate) any team but spitting your dummy out and refusing to play is not the answer. I suspect some players react to this situation and show their displeasure (jealousy?) by underperforming and this might be what SWFC is experiencing at the moment. If so, ii will be a difficult problem to remedy.

Edited by Guest

In my book, any player who refuses to play is in breach of contract and should be shown the door immediately.

I would guess that bringing in a highly paid player would unsettle (and alienate) any team but spitting your dummy out and refusing to play is not the answer. I suspect some players react to this situation and show their displeasure (jealousy?) by underperforming and this might be what SWFC is experiencing at the moment. If so, ii will be a difficult problem to remedy.

I agree with what you say but in the instance the matter was dealt with quickly and the player apologised. Watch a video of the first half v. Brentford and Hutchinsons reaction to scoring and then decide if they are underperforming.

I'm hoping the Blades kick on now, but it's very early days, not even the end of August, that said Scottish interest in European competition is normally over by now. We've endured this league for far too long but we've no divine right to be any higher. It's a new team and I've been in France for several months so not seenus live. Could never understand why Wilder got rid of Howard but kept Calamity George. According to reports Scougal seems back to his best and Done improved

Sorry but I don't know anything about the Owls team and have very little interest but in the thread's spirit of Sheffield solidarity I wish them well

I agree with what you say but in the instance the matter was dealt with quickly and the player apologised. Watch a video of the first half v. Brentford and Hutchinsons reaction to scoring and then decide if they are underperforming.

I agree but compared to last year's performances, would you have expected better results?

Both Sheffield clubs are under-performing and fingers crossed they will both kick on and challenge for promotion.

I agree but compared to last year's performances, would you have expected better results?

Both Sheffield clubs are under-performing and fingers crossed they will both kick on and challenge for promotion.

Expectations were bound to be higher but I agree when CC says that due to the transfer window the squad is unbalanced and it ought to close before the season starts. We have the exact same record as this stage last season so not really worried yet but need a good September.

Expectations were bound to be higher but I agree when CC says that due to the transfer window the squad is unbalanced and it ought to close before the season starts. We have the exact same record as this stage last season so not really worried yet but need a good September.

The difference between last season and this season is that now you expect that you should be top six with the new players you've got compared to this time last year. There's a new expectation that you should be at the very least in the playoff final and it's a completely different ball game for you.

Saying your not really worried because you had the same points this time last year is being in denial because its very different to this season as everyone at your club has a new found pressure - including your manager. Your in unfamiliar territory.

The difference between last season and this season is that now you expect that you should be top six with the new players you've got compared to this time last year. There's a new expectation that you should be at the very least in the playoff final and it's a completely different ball game for you.

Saying your not really worried because you had the same points this time last year is being in denial because its very different to this season as everyone at your club has a new found pressure - including your manager. Your in unfamiliar territory.

No worries whatsoever as even if we'd won every game and sat at the top of the table I wouldn't expect it to last IT'S AUGUST.

No worries whatsoever as even if we'd won every game and sat at the top of the table I wouldn't expect it to last IT'S AUGUST.

I'd rather be sat in Huddersfield's and Bolton's position than the Owls or Blades though.

As the old saying goes, you can't win a title in the first 10 games, but you can certainly lose it.

I'd rather be sat in Huddersfield's and Bolton's position than the Owls or Blades though.

As the old saying goes, you can't win a title in the first 10 games, but you can certainly lose it.

I'd be happy to go to a bookies and bet Huddersfield won't be there at Christmas.

indeed, the longer it takes to win, or get some wins under the belt the further behind you get and the harder it is to catch up.

In theory we shouldve started a lot better than last season as we've still got the core of the squad, last year we completely gutted it.

I'm quite pleased, sure the loss to Burton was disheartening, but I think we improved overall with the arrival of Fletcher and with the Forestieri situation seemingly under control. The most important thing for Wednesday at the moment is stability and we have that. The platform to improve tremendously after the winter break, probably with a couple further transfers coming in is there.