Where was the Indian Village?

No. In fact i had left Sheffield but used to spend much of school holidays in Attercliffe. Stayed with an aunt in Tinsley and an aunt who had a shop on Attercliffe Common (near Mons Street). I was "shared" to keep the peace!

Can you answer me this please was the rolling mill at the side of the canal called Cuddy meadows or Cutty meadows ? can't seem to get the answer to that one

I remember my Nan who lived all her life around the Girton Road / Stovin Road area calling it Cuddy Medases. Was probably Cutty or Cutting Meadows, I'll ask my Uncle Keith Or Ian Reynolds the next time I see them.

I remember my Nan who lived all her life around the Girton Road / Stovin Road area calling it Cuddy Medases. Was probably Cutty or Cutting Meadows, I'll ask my Uncle Keith Or Ian Reynolds the next time I see them.

Thanks I lived round there on Coleridge rd and I still don't know

There must have been two Indian villages in Sheffield as that is what we all called Parkwood Springs.

Sue. Send me a private message please.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 16:52 ----------

only recently found the forum. would be interesting if anyone has any old photos from ranskill road. my father lived over there {bill mather} his parents annie and jack and his sister nellie.also remember my aunt and uncle ran the shop louis and frank maskery.

I have stacks of photos, most are also scanned in.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 14:16 ----------

Sue Mather. if you want the family tree get in touch please.

Where was the Indian Village and how did it get its name? I was told many years ago where it was and how it got its name - interested in any opinions that might damn or confirm what I was told.

I was told the other day that Parkwood springs was known as the " Indian Village ".

Though I lived up there from 1948 - 1961 , I had never heard it referred to as such .

Is this what you are referring to ?

If so , I would be interested to know and , how it got it's name .

I was told the other day that Parkwood springs was known as the " Indian Village ".

Though I lived up there from 1948 - 1961 , I had never heard it referred to as such .

Is this what you are referring to ?

If so , I would be interested to know and , how it got it's name .

It was the Forgotten village.

Ranskill rd was always known indian village If you looked from wincobank you could see the end of two houses painted cream in the shape of a tent with smoke behind them it looked from afar like indian camp

The matter has been sorted x

I remember my uncle saying to my aunt that Dolphin Street Attercliffe was called the Indian village and her reply was that he married one of the squaws.

:hihi::hihi:

Sue. Send me a private message please.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 16:52 ----------

I have stacks of photos, most are also scanned in.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 14:16 ----------

Sue Mather. if you want the family tree get in touch please.

Kadogo

Would it be possible to view these photos? My family came from Ranskill Road and I am trying to collate the family history.

Cheers

JR

Kadogo

Would it be possible to view these photos? My family came from Ranskill Road and I am trying to collate the family history.

Cheers

JR

Podge (JR) , I have stacks of photographs of my family who lived at two places on Ranskill Road.They are not of Ranskill Road, just my family.

John Wilford Mather.

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 01:23 ----------

Podge (JR) , I have stacks of photographs of my family who lived at two places on Ranskill Road.They are not of Ranskill Road, just my family.

John Wilford Mather.

I can send them to you by Email.I have them scanned in.

John.

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 02:22 ----------

John Wilford Mather.

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 01:23 ----------

I can send them to you by Email.I have them scanned in.

John.

If memory serves, my grandad Wilford Mather, my Grandma Louise Math

er, my dad Jack Mather my Auntie Freda and my Auntie Louie lived at 59 Ranskill Road. I think that Len Badger the footballer lived next door.

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 02:25 ----------

There was a chap called Jack Dowson who lived up the road. He made televisions.

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 02:31 ----------

My Auntie Louis (Maskery, nee Mather) died in 1973. She was only in her fourties. Uncle Frank Maskery died in 1979, aged about 56. We don't " make old bones".