Tablet not compatible with Whatsapp-I can`t access APK fix

My new Samsung Tab2 is not compatible with Whatsapp???. I think it has something to do with being none SIM. I bought it to operate via my WiFi connection, no problems.

There is a fix for this issue. If anyone is familiar with APK it will make sense to you (see the YT tutorial below)

I`ve followed the tutorial, and typed this address> http://www.whatsapp.com/android/ in to the Tablet browser but something within my device is removing the word android from the address. So, I’m being prevented from accessing the website to D/L the app with the APK from the 3rd party. I’m quite frustrated, Can anyone help? Thanks

Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on your tablet then scan the QR code with your phone. To do that you open whatsapp on your phone then tap the three dots then tap whatsapp web. your phone has to be connected to the same wifi and I think you have to use Chrome.

Edited by kidneystone

It's nothing to do with not having a sim, it just doesn't work on tablets - it's not designed to...

The above is the best/recommended way for Tablets...

Hi Guys, I found a workaround. I don`t have a smart phone/QR reader. There are probably a few ways of doing it. This is what I did, and thought I would share it here so anyone else having the same problem could use this method also.

I downloaded the whatsapp files to a micro sd card in my desktop. Put the card in my tablet, opened apps/settings and turned off the security features. Installed the files on to the tablet. Worked perfect.

Thanks

Just tried connecting my laptop and it works fine, a lot easier than on the phone.

Hi Janus,

Oh I know what are you talking about, I did have the same problem long ago cuz my Samsung version is quite old.

Anyways, what I did with Whatsapp (and a few games) was to get the Old Version of APK from third web but you have to try it one by one to see which one works for you and avoid to upgrade it.

I'm new here so I can not post links yet but just copy/paste the below lines on your browser. These are two different sites:

whatsapp-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android/old

apkmirror.com/apk/whatsapp-inc/whatsapp/

Cheeers!

Does anyone know if WhatsApp work on iPad please? I downloaded the app and the web one, pointed the iPhone code at the iPad, could see that it changed but it didn’t move on to the interface. Couldn’t find anywhere to click either. 

It works on my iPad 

@JomieWhat iOS version is your iPad running? - WA stopped supporting anything prior to 9.3 at the beginning of the year.

Thank you for replying. It’s an iPad Air 2 on software update 13.4.1.  There is a choice of apps in the App Store and have tried two. Both respond to the Q scan but don’t progress to the app interface. Wondering if there is something that I am missing. 

I'm wondering, because I ony have WA on my phone, if you can only access it via a browser - after all, it is not officially designed for use on an iPad?

Have a look at post No 4, that may be of help. Keep in mind you need a phone number for verification purposes for WhatsApp to work. One that is not already in use with WhatsApp on a phone. I used the number of my spare payg phone for the verification process on the tablet.