Holistic vet in Sheffield?

Hi,

Does anyone know of or have had any experience with holistic vets in Sheffield?

In particular I am looking down this route to help my 11 1/2 year old Miniature Schnauzer who has problems with her liver. In Feb she was very poorly with suspected pancreatitis, although she tested negative for it. Since then she has been on a low fat diet and liver supplement, Denermarin and has been pretty stable until two weeks ago where she was showing signs again.

Had test after test after test at the vets, totalling a lot of money and everything is inconclusive. Her liver enzymes are up since Feb, despite regularly taking the supplement and the low fat diet.

So I'm looking into alternatives.

Really?

Your vets ran a bunch of tests on blood to try and figure it out but is struggling??

You think a blend of herbs and some acupuncture can sort out a failing liver??

Your dog needs more tests to identify the problem, then you look into the various treatment options.

Edited by geared

Someone told me Abbeymoore was but I don't know that for a fact so give them a call and see.

Holistic approaches and diet work miracles with certain conditions. One of my dogs has hypothyroidism and I've read a lot myself by Jead Dodds. I've just googled and it seems she wrote a lot about liver conditions too so maybe have a read through her stuff and see what you think.

Sorry to hear about your dog's suffering :(

I believe there is a good holistic vet in Leeds but i don't k ow their name. There's a group on Facebook I used to be a member of, it's called canine health - dogs and vaccines - what vets don't tell you, if you join that I think you'll et lots of recommendations.

Hi Jarvis.

So sorry to hear your little darling is struggling with liver

The liver is is a complex organ but holistic therapy can help give some relief complimenting modern medicine.

It's tower vets in Leeds that's the best well known holistic vets. Look up homeopathic vets. Sure their details will come up

Keep us informed and good luck but remember. Liver failure is not nice and is often painful too.

Poor babe

Jaq

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not replying sooner, we have just been away for a week. Thank you for the recommendations from everyone.

She has been much more stable this last two weeks. I have changed her food onto Lilys Kitchen, and feeding her smaller meals more regularly, and this seems to be suiting her. I'm also giving her Yudigest and Maxxi-Same to help her liver and digestive system in general.

I will look into the suggestions. Thanks everyone.