Concrete roads of Frecheville.

Most of the roads on the Frecheville estate are made of concrete and I'm just wondering how amey will go about re surfacing these roads?

Will they be able to use the road planer machine on the concrete road to get a sufficient depth to allow a layer of tarmac to be put down?

Has anywhere else in sheffield had concrete roads that have already been resurfaced?

Yeah I wondered what approach they'll take with the concrete. To be fair it's held up quite well no real potholes, the only problem is along the join where they've layered tarmac on top.

Don't think Amey will touch them, with regards to resurfacing. Quite a few roads over here in Parson Cross, including the one outside the house, haven't been touched. The top half of the road has been resurfaced, along with the pavements the whole road's length, but the concrete remains has it was. Then again, with the scatter gun approach to the road maintenance, they must roll a dice to decide where to go next, it wouldn't surprise me if Amey returned with shovels and tarmac in hand. The original work was over a year ago, so it seems unlikely???

several at lowedges were classed as having a life left of 20-30 years ,these were put down in the 1950s.

I think they'll do it. My Nan lives up Foxhill and her road and the pavement are both concrete too, they've replaced the concrete paths with tarmac. They seem to sort out any broken kerb stones and verge borders before they start on the road.

Don't think Amey will touch them, with regards to resurfacing. Quite a few roads over here in Parson Cross, including the one outside the house, haven't been touched. The top half of the road has been resurfaced, along with the pavements the whole road's length, but the concrete remains has it was. Then again, with the scatter gun approach to the road maintenance, they must roll a dice to decide where to go next, it wouldn't surprise me if Amey returned with shovels and tarmac in hand. The original work was over a year ago, so it seems unlikely???

As far as I am aware, they asses the road/pavements and decided what needs doing, if the road will last another x amount of years before needing resurfacing that they won't touch it until then. But they might do the pavements because they do need doing - which makes sense really as it would be daft to just rip up a decent road or pavement just because.

Although the concrete roads round me aren't the nicest to drive on there not really in bad condition from what I've seen.

When they did our road they scraped back the old tarmac and it looked like it was concrete rather than hardcore underneath (which is plausible because I live on Parson Cross so I'm sure it would have been concrete originally). Maybe they just tarmac on top?

As far as I am aware, they asses the road/pavements and decided what needs doing, if the road will last another x amount of years before needing resurfacing that they won't touch it until then. But they might do the pavements because they do need doing - which makes sense really as it would be daft to just rip up a decent road or pavement just because.

Although the concrete roads round me aren't the nicest to drive on there not really in bad condition from what I've seen.

When they did our road they scraped back the old tarmac and it looked like it was concrete rather than hardcore underneath (which is plausible because I live on Parson Cross so I'm sure it would have been concrete originally). Maybe they just tarmac on top?

They done Deerlands Road yet? You need a rally car to get along it!

I only ever went down Deerlands it on my driving lessons as I don't really have a need to drive down it, well not the bottom part anyway, and yes it's not great.

They done Deerlands Road yet? You need a rally car to get along it!

I believe it's not getting done until next year

Oh looks like the concrete roads won't get resurfaced then....

Concrete roads Albert road Westfield grove & Westfield Avenue down in Hackenthorpe village laid in the mid 50's they would Tarmac over them if need be.

Tarmac roads have joints in therefore if being tarmaced they need to have special joints installed to cope with the movement