Hadfields Steel Works

I have a photograph somewhere of my grandfather and other workers stood watching the Queen mother visiting Hadfields, not sure when it was but would imagine it was late 50s or early 60s. 

I worked in the melting shop at Hatfields Attercliffe 1970 until it closed down any old mates out there , noticed a pic of a John Davis taken with his sister Susan on here , think he worked with me .

13 hours ago, Saynor m said:

I worked in the melting shop at Hatfields Attercliffe 1970 until it closed down any old mates out there , noticed a pic of a John Davis taken with his sister Susan on here , think he worked with me .

Yes John Davis was crane driver there you was your brother called John I worked in mills then went crane driving that was utility driver All lads use to go clubbing on a Friday night  Remember Loftus / Daives/Tosh  I worked all over Brown Baileys for 13 yr 

Yes John Davis was a crane driver remember now think he had a brother who was a crane drive too and yes my brother was called John and we both worked in the melting shop in the pits and I can now remember Tosh /Loftus Friday night clubbing and all,  think John Davis was a big sheff Weds fan spotted his picture on here just by chance .

John Davis and brother Harry past away Remember Claud crane driver West Indian. Ron ILey on casting cane 

Can remember Claud yes he worked on the casting side , have both John and Harry passed away ? not to sure on Ron ILey will have a think on that one , you must have driven in the melting shop then to know the names did you work on that same casting crane on R furnace ?.

Sooty here yes worked on most cranes including swing grinders and big casting crane charging and stripping cranes has a utility driver we drove cranes all over Brown Baileys Ron ILey worked on casting crane 

Yes I can remember Ron now,  have you managed to keep contact with some of the old guys ? 

Bloody hell Sooty yes the penny dropped today how are you ? I could remember the name but not picture you , are you still living around the area .

Ok Mick yes last saw lads at John Davis funeral still keep in touch with Steve Loftus Still I live on littledale how are you and your John keeping 

Keeping fine myself our John moved down south he`s ok but don't get to see him much , I live in Chesterfield now , sad to here that John passed away and Harry .

I was in my garage this morning polishing my car and I little light come on in my head Sooty yes got him now, well good to be in touch again after all these years is Steve keeping ok ?  if we can get together some time for chat that would be good keep in touch .