Wortley road water leak

Anyone know what's happened? There's water pouring down the road from just above the Nisa shop. They're resurfacing the road and it's supposed to be open again at 7pm but it currently looks like a river and one side of the top course is up

They hit a water main, I thought it was supposed to be closed 24/7 due to the extent of resurfacing (as in they have to dig deeper than normal making it unsuitable for cars)

They hit a water main, I thought it was supposed to be closed 24/7 due to the extent of resurfacing (as in they have to dig deeper than normal making it unsuitable for cars)

The signs only say 'no stopping or parking between 7am and 7pm'.

Travel website says the following:

"Wortley Road will be temporarily closed to traffic between Jeffcock Road and Thompson Hill for road surface repairs 0700 to 1900 each day from Monday 22nd to Friday 26th August 2016"

It was still closed this morning at 6.20am, but the water leak seemed to have been resolved.

I'm hoping it will be open tonight (7pm-7am), its a real pain trying to find where I can catch my bus from, and all the other passengers this morning seemed equally clueless.

Does anyone know if buses will be travelling on this route at 6 in the morning as usual number 1 specifically? Cheers.

I'm assuming not, shellebelle. When I walked past at 5.30pm the road was still closed and not a workman in sight.

I think I'll have to get up early and walk down to Greengate Lane. Either that or get the bike out, but it needs a service, and I'm also lazy.

Thanks for that Isabelle, I too will have to get up even earlier than I do already 05.10 and catch the other bus. If only they had invested the time and money the first time!!!!!!!!